Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

21 Posts

August 6th, 2021 01:00

Dell Mobile Connect "New" (v4.0) and Windows 10 Enterprise

Hello,

I downloaded the new version of Dell Mobile Connect ("Dell Mobile Connect New") from Windows store, but when I try to run it I get the message 'Sorry, but this system does not have the minimum requirements for running Dell Mobile Connect'

It looks like Windows 10 Enterprise isn't compatible and unfortunately the workaround posted in https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-15-9500-DMC-not-working/m-p/7862975#M83098 doesn't work anymore

Has anyone figured anything about this incompatibility?

10 Posts

August 19th, 2021 21:00

@VlsisFrmsorry won't be able to provide a solution, but just adding that I am in the exact same situation and Dell apparently advised "Sorry Windows 10 Enterprise is not supported" and looks like they are just leaving it, so I too would be keen if anyone has a working workaround for this problem!

1 Message

August 29th, 2021 06:00

Do you know if Dell is working to make it work for windows10 Enterprise? Is it possible to make it work on windows10 Enterprise or is there some hard Operating System limitation?

10 Posts

September 14th, 2021 19:00

I don't believe Dell is working on making it work on Windows 10 Enterprise - Dell Technical Support have contacted me directly in response to my post above and each time they just came back indicating Windows 10 Enterprise is not supported - they have not shown any slight interest in even trying to make it work.  I am just hoping someone can come up with a workaround, but in the meantime it does look like a hard OS limitation.  Unless there is a way to make Windows 10 Enterprise "appear" as Windows 10 Professional, at least to the Dell Mobile Connect app?

No Events found!