Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 8th, 2018 03:00

Active Directory authentication

I have added AD under directory service and imported a group from AD but none of the users in that group can actually log in. They get invalid username or password error.

2.8K Posts

February 8th, 2018 09:00

One other thing on this one.  A few folks have found a workaround by doing this:

- Under Application | Directory Services, when you click Add, choose Manual and enter IP rather than FQDN

Not sure if this is relevant to you but thought I'd toss it out there.

Regards,

Rob

2.8K Posts

February 8th, 2018 06:00

Ha, pretty funny.  When I posted this reply, the forum software replaced one of the words it must have found offensive.  The word it replaced was "s-p-e-c-i-a-l".

Rob

2.8K Posts

February 8th, 2018 06:00

Thanks for the post.

Are there any **bleep** characters in the user name such as dot or underscore? We're looking into another report that is similar.

https://www.dell.com/community/Dell-OpenManage-Enterprise/Invalid-credentials/m-p/5838886#M121

Rob

53 Posts

February 8th, 2018 13:00

@DELL-Rob C wrote:

Ha, pretty funny.  When I posted this reply, the forum software replaced one of the words it must have found offensive.  The word it replaced was "s-p-e-c-i-a-l".

Rob

I don't know Rob, that bleep was in the right spot and I thought it was pretty refreshing seeing a Dell employee being honest with their feelings on a bug! :smileylol:

1 Rookie

• 

83 Posts

July 11th, 2018 08:00

I added AD both by FQDN and IP address and still cannot login using AD credentials.

Created group name with no spaces and still cannot login using AD credentials

used these formats

username

domain\username

username@domain

2 Posts

January 16th, 2020 12:00

I have tried the Manual method with IP address AND the other method of DNS. It will add the directory service and test connection is successful, but when I search for groups when trying to import the directory; no matter what I type in, I get 0 results.

No Events found!