Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 19th, 2022 05:00

Dell OpenManage Enterprise 3.9.0 (build 55) - Services Plugin Update Failed

I received an alert in DOM saying that a plugin had an update. It was the Services plugin (2.0.1.620). I told took a snapshot of the VM and had it go ahead with the update. It shows downloading and has never come back. I checked the progress under the actual plugin and it shows download at 100%, but gives no option to install. I have reverted to the snap and tried again as well as a few other things. My DOM server still shows the Services plugin as Downloading.

I am afraid now that whatever is going on is affecting the DOM server elsewhere. A critical alert was not send this weekend. I checked everything on that and everything appears to be functioning from the server in question to the DOM server to tested email from DOM to my team.
Before I get a restore from days before I started this mess, and lose everything since that backup day, I thought I'd ask this group if anyone had any ideas on what else I might try.

Thanks for your time all.

- Dave

10 Posts

September 20th, 2022 08:00

DELL-Young E, I thank you for your time. I had a restore of the VM done from a few days before this issue started. When the restore was complete, I went into DOM and saw that there was an update to the Services plugin. I installed the update, but this time, I DID NOT uncheck the Enable plugin after install box. The Services plugin installed without issue and I simply went back in and disabled it.

I may have lost a few events, but my devices and configuration are in tact.

Thanks for you help.

10 Posts

September 19th, 2022 11:00

Under Plugins, the Services plugin has been sitting at DOWNLOADING since this started.

ClaussenDB_0-1663612487115.png

If I click Install

ClaussenDB_1-1663612534840.png

I did try what you said in the beginning, but I always end up right back here, even after a snapshot revert.

• 

3.3K Posts

September 19th, 2022 11:00

Hello ClaussenDB,

See if you can complete these steps on your current install, if not you may need to revert to your snapshot.

Update OpenManage to the latest version (wait for the reboot). (Done: You are already there at 3.9)

Uninstall the Services plugin (wait for the reboot).

Reinstall the Services plugin (wait for the reboot).

The Services plugin should now work.

10 Posts

September 19th, 2022 12:00

Power Manager
Services
Update Manager
CloudIQ
OpenManage Enterprise Integration for VMware vCenter

I am new to DOM, so these are installed, but disabled - all of them. The message about an update to the Service plugin kept popping up, so I decided to just update it even if I had to disable it afterwards.

• 

3.3K Posts

September 19th, 2022 12:00

Hello ClaussenDB,

Can you let me know what other plugins do you have installed?

• 

3.3K Posts

September 19th, 2022 13:00

Hello ClaussenDB,

I think OMEVV may be blocking the services upgrades.  You can try this on your current running or you may revert to snap shot.

Try this first: uninstall OMEVV, reboot appliance, then see if services upgrade.

If not

Then: uninstall OMEVV and services reboot appliance, then reinstall services.

10 Posts

September 19th, 2022 17:00

Same result for the Services plugin:

ClaussenDB_0-1663634696711.png

• 

3.7K Posts

September 19th, 2022 22:00

Is this what you want to install? https://dell.to/3DLdDNU
Also could you check if any of the network ports are blocked?
Is this happening now and it used to work just fine before?

No Events found!