Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

22 Posts

September 25th, 2018 21:00

Device list column changed in OME 3.0?

Hi,

I had OME Tech release installed originally and all my discoveries were done via iDRAC by specifying a list of iDRAC hostnames in the discovery process. After discovery, I thought in the All Devices listing, it shows the "OS hostname" along with IP address, service tag, model, etc. However, after I've upgraded it to OME 3.0, it looks like the "OS hostname" is replaced by iDRAC hostname? Can someone confirm this?

If it's indeed the case, is it possible to show OS hostnames instead? I can't find a way to customize the columns.

Thank you.

1K Posts

September 26th, 2018 22:00

Hi,

When you navigate to "Application Settings >> Console Preferences >> Discovery Settings" page, you will see the option to select Device Name and iDRAC Name. I will suggest you use Device Name as Prefer DNS and iDRAC Name as Prefer System Hostname if you want to see the hostname of the device after discovery. Hope this helps

March 21st, 2019 17:00

I am using OME version 3.1.0 (Build 134), the setting you suggested is default.

What I found was, soon after a host is discovered, it displays "System Hostname" initially. But soon after it would turn to iDRAC Name.

I have tried to reset the settings (changed & saved), after refresh the page, it displays System Hostname again, but will then change back to iDRAC Name.

This is a BUG or something?

No Events found!