Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 24th, 2020 05:00

Is it possible to template all possible Component FQDD for RAID and vdisks?

Hello,

Is there a way to make all known Dell PowerEdge servers with vdisks compliant with 3 settings for all vdisks, no matter how much adapter and RAID arrays are (or not) on servers with OME?

I'm trying to target all servers in OME that appears configured with at least one vdisk (that part is easy) to make sure settings are (as read in XML example export):

• RAIDdefaultReadPolicy
• RAIDdefaultWritePolicy
• DiskCachePolicy

no matter if it this by RAID.Integrated.1-1 or RAID.Slot.3-1 or any else …

Something like universal settings for those. I'm not even sure it is possible to accomplish with a custom template.

I could anyway deploy a 5-line bash script on every server to apply 3 settings with
omconfig storage vdisk …
but I was interested to handle it by OME reports.

Thanks!

• 

8.8K Posts

June 24th, 2020 13:00

Seblec2,

It is possible. but the function isn't built in to do it that way though, as 
all the methods call it based on Controller ID. You could export the various configs you have to XML, then make a master XML with all RAID Controller FQDDs you have, and then use the Deployment Features to push it to everything. It will complete w/errors on most, since it will attempt to configure Controllers that don't exist, but should work. The cleaner method is to create a profile per configuration so you can use the Baseline feature to determine if it's set or not..

Let me know if this helps.

11 Posts

June 24th, 2020 23:00

Thanks a lot… that's what I was thinking… and I'm happy to be aware of that before I'm trying to make a master XML. Good to know!

Thank you!

No Events found!