Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

A

5 Posts

May 15th, 2023 07:00

Power State Status Refresh not working with API REST after a reset of device

Hello, 

For a project of power management of a data center, I'm using Open Manage to turn on / off devices. To improve the front end of the interface I'm trying to show and verify if the job is well done. 

But when I'm turning off a device, It staying at "On" when I'm doing a get request to check (/redfish/v1/Systems/Members('10144') or /api/DeviceService/Devices('10144') . And it take more than one hour to be refresh and update. 

Do you know if there is an endpoint in the Open Manage API to force refreshing Power State data ?

Thanks a lot

• 

3.3K Posts

May 15th, 2023 12:00

Hello alchambron,

Have you tried:

/api/DeviceService/PowerStates

https://dell.to/4561azF

May 16th, 2023 01:00

Hello, 

Thanks for your answer, but this just show me what are the different power status available, it does not update anything. 

Actually I see that Open Manage have an update every hour, so it's impossible to know with Open Manage if a device is turned on / off before waiting an hour.

Do you thinks there is an endpoint that can force Open Manage to refresh the database, and so able us to know if a device is On or Off just after a turning them on or off ? 

Thanks a lot 

• 

3.1K Posts

May 16th, 2023 01:00

Hi @alchambron,

There isn't any force/change refresh duration, unfortunately. Thanks for pointing out the flaw of this issue. I would suggest, that to contact OME support and open a ticket request for this to be added as a feature request. 

No Events found!