Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2015 17:00

Active Directory 2012 & Dell Open Manage Essentials

Hi Everyone

Possibly an easy one, I just need confirmation.

I will be upgrade my AD and raising the functional level from 2003 to 2012. Would there be any issues or after upgrade tasks I need to be aware of with Open Manage? e.g. AD authentication issues

Currently I am running OME v2.0.1.2222

Thank you in advance

1K Posts

April 28th, 2015 00:00

Hi,

Can you be little specific about what issues? If it is related to discovery, then the answer is NO, there should not be any issues. AD authentication for discovery or something else?

3 Posts

April 29th, 2015 07:00

Hi Pupul thanks for your response. Sorry it's a bit general, I guess for this upgrade to AD2012, I am reaching out to vendors of software and products we use, to see if there are any compatibility issues between the software and AD. I know there's AD authentication to log into OME, and I am guessing to discover servers as well? So you guys haven't had any reported issues with OME operating in a 2012 AD? regards

3 Posts

April 29th, 2015 23:00

Hi Pupul

Thank you for you reply.

1K Posts

April 29th, 2015 23:00

Thanks for making it clear.  There should be no problems. OME is not directly tied to active directory.  

The only issues that may exist is with the user account used to access SQL Server.

If the password for that account changes then OME will need to be retargeted to get the new credentials.

If a SQL login was used or typical install this will not be an issue.

No Events found!