Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2015 11:00

Creating a template

I am trying to create a template in OME and I keep getting this result:

Starting configuration file export on the target : .101.xxx.210.yy
Network share IP for this task: 101.xxx.4.yy
Retrieved the file share settings.
Extracting config XML from target: (101.xxx.210.yy)
 LC023 : Cannot access network share.101.xxx.4.yy\ServerConfig

What do I need to do to fix that?

1K Posts

March 8th, 2015 23:00

Hi Dwayne,

For serverconfig to work, you need to provide the share credentials under File Share settings option in the deployment tab. You can get more help from the OME 2.0 Server Configuration Tutorial Videos published at en.community.dell.com/.../1989.openmanage-essentials

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

March 9th, 2015 10:00

Yep agree.

This does appear to be a file share credential permission problem. Try to reenter the file share credentials. If that still doesn't work, you can check the share on the network and file system to make sure the user was added to the folder security.

Thanks,

Rob

delltechcenter.com/ome

5 Posts

March 14th, 2015 05:00

I'm getting this too - even tried Everyone:Full Control and it still won't work.

Any more logs I can look at, or is this a bug in 2.0.1?

Very frustrating as always with OME...

1K Posts

March 15th, 2015 20:00

Hi,

Are you able to access the share from a remote machine using the same credentials which you are providing in OME? Make sure to turn off firewall on the needed ports. I understand your frustration but i am sure this is just a small configuration glitch. 

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

March 16th, 2015 08:00

Thanks for the post.
Just to reiterate, Pupul’s comment (the last one on that item) is the correct approach when looking into this type of share issue.

The error that Dwayne is getting is being generated by the LifeCycle Controller on the server which is trying to export its configuration. For some reason, that server cannot access the file share (which is located on the OME Server). So for Dwayne, we need to figure out why the target network share (on 101.xxx.4.yy) is not visible (accessible) from the other server (101.xxx.210.yy). Most of the things to check have been mentioned in the thread – verifying that the correct IP address and password have been specified for the share, verifying that it isn’t blocked by a firewall,

The best advice I can offer is that visibility to the share, from the server that’s been told to export, can (and should) be verified independently of OME. In 101.xxx.210.yy, open Windows Explorer, specify “\\101.xxx.4.yy\ServerConfig”, and enter the same credentials as entered in OME for the file share. If the file share can be accessed that way, then the LC should also be able to create a file in that file share and export its configuration to it. (The user may have to also try adding a file to the file share from the Windows Explorer window in the remote server, to verify the creation capability.)

In this case, OME has asked the iDRAC on another server to do something (export its configuration to a file in a specified file share), and the other server says that it cannot access the specified file share. So OME is reporting what the iDRAC/LifecycleController says. If the file share can be accessed via Windows Explorer (as indicated above) from the server that’s supposed to export its configuration, but the LC on that server cannot access the share, then it’s something we’ll have to investigate further.

And as always, feel free to open a ticket at 800-945-3355 so we can get support to take a closer look if needed.

Regards,
Rob

delltechcenter.com/ome

5 Posts

April 8th, 2015 01:00

Seems that SPN Target Name Validation in the Windows security policy will prevent the RAC from being able to connect.  Also using special characters in the password fails as well.

1 Rookie

• 

60 Posts

December 6th, 2018 07:00

Hi, Can the location of this share be changed? ie.. could I locate this on a NFS drive and move the share to it. Thanks Dave

December 11th, 2018 05:00

Unfortunately, share location is not configurable in OpenManage Essentials.

No Events found!