Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2012 15:00

Devices Dissapearing - Error Log

This may have been posted elsewhere but I wanted a fresh thread to track it on -

I have 182 devices and after a scheduled discovery/inventory task I'm losing systems in the 'Manage > Devices' . I can get them back by doing a manual discovery/inventory and it populates back.

After doing a discovery of those privious I find that devices that were previously there are now missing (12 - 15). Once I add those back it appears to hold for the day -

Any advice also on the following error and is it related as it occurred at the same time as the above behavior?

------------------------

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Essentials
Date:          5/11/2012 8:43:07 AM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DIBOMSRV.corp.rfpco.com
Description:
An exception occurred while executing the update entitlements command.
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value)
   at Dell.OpenManage.Essentials.Warranty.AssetEntitlements.UpdateEntitlements() in d:\jenkins\jobs\OME_1.0.1_Build\workspace\bandera_front_end\process_logic\Dell.OpenManage.Essentials.Warranty\AssetEntitlements.cs:line 77

Event Xml:
http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

0x80000000000000

Application
    DIBOMSRV.corp.rfpco.com

An exception occurred while executing the update entitlements command.
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value)
   at Dell.OpenManage.Essentials.Warranty.AssetEntitlements.UpdateEntitlements() in d:\jenkins\jobs\OME_1.0.1_Build\workspace\bandera_front_end\process_logic\Dell.OpenManage.Essentials.Warranty\AssetEntitlements.cs:line 77

--------------------------------

2 Intern

• 

793 Posts

May 11th, 2012 16:00

OME runs a regular re-discovery cycle, and by default it happens daily.  The discovery settings will let you change how often that happens, and when.  If you pick a time of low network activity that will probably help, as will increasing the timeout interval and retries in the discovery configuration.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

May 11th, 2012 17:00

Thanks for the post.  

Are these 11G or earlier servers?  Or 12G (Feb 2012)?

For these servers, do they resolve fully by name when you do a ping -a? (e.g., is DNS fully set up in this environment?)

Do these servers all show a unique device name and MAC address in the device inventory page of OME? (or if they are disappearing too fast, use the iReasoning MIB browser or similar)...assuming SNMP.

Also, assuming this is all production/retail Dell h/w and not pre-release...

Thanks,

Rob

21 Posts

May 11th, 2012 17:00

I have the discovery at 2 am and the inventory at 3 am which definitely constitutes as 'low network activity'.  Timeout is set to 4 seconds and 2 tries  - I would think 8 seconds would be enough to grab the device.

No Events found!