Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

2 Posts

October 26th, 2020 10:00

Installed OME, can't get details of servers running OMSA

Have installed OpenManage Essentials on server 2019. Other servers on the network (2012, 2012R2, 2019) with OpenManage Server Administrator installed can be found, but the only details are network adapters and IPs. None of the usual OMSA details come up. SNMP is configured on the servers running OMSA, Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 

3.7K Posts

October 27th, 2020 04:00

Hello ITWorker123,

To get more details make sure that the device being monitored in OME has it's SNMP alerts configured to be sent to OME.

When you Onboard the device make sure they are "Managed with Alerts". Check the "Enable trap reception..." box

https://dell.to/31ONHgC

Page 107-110

Please let me know if this helps.

• 

3.7K Posts

October 27th, 2020 05:00

Hello ITWorker123,

Try this too. Install the iDRAC Service Module (iSM) on the host servers and check results.

Go to the support page https://dell.to/31OSbns  input the service tag for your server, filter by OS and search for ISM.

October 27th, 2020 09:00

Charles,

Thank you for the suggestions. This is OpenManage Essentials 2.5.0.1005. I believe SNMP is correctly setup on the targe server (the server with OMSA installed).

I'm not sure how to do the following from your post:

"When you Onboard the device make sure they are "Managed with Alerts". Check the "Enable trap reception..." box"

• 

3.7K Posts

October 28th, 2020 05:00

Hello ITWorker123,

I am sorry about that.  Since it is OM Essentials there are a few things:

1) It should be using SNMP protocol 161 UDP. This is testable with the Troubleshooting Tool installed with Essentials it should successfully return the version of OMSA

​2) If it does not reinstall OMSA - OMSA binds to SNMP in the registry and if SNMP is installed AFTER OMSA often this does not happen

3) If the SNMP 161 test from the TS Tool fails then either 161 is blocked or not configured appropriately.

Other option may be  chose WMI and not SNMP  in discovery.

1 Message

November 2nd, 2020 23:00

Have you run the DRAC data collection? What is the Storage controller that you have or are using?

No Events found!