Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2016 07:00

Linux OMSA - Firmware Updates OME 2.1

Hey,

i have Linux Servers with OMSA installed and want to make some Firmware/Biosupdates through OME 2.1.

What ist working:

- I embedded the Linux Servers with SNMP in OME and they are listed in OME in a correct way

- I used the Troubleshooting Tool to connect to my Linux Server to Upload one File to the Server (In-band Update Test). This ist also working

- I can see many different updates for the Servers

What is not working:

- After the package ist downloaded, the update process hangs at 0 percent and gives a timeout  error.

What is wrong?

Maybe this ist not the problem, but for my general understanding:

I configured SNMP following this post:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4494/t/19425042

It is posted there:

"The changes setup OMSA communication with the SNMP agent and give read-only access to the entire MIB tree to the public community"

with smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1

Do i need to set this to read/write? And if yes, how?

Thanks a lot for your help!

1K Posts

January 14th, 2016 02:00

Hi,

The user through which you are trying to update the Linux server, does it have root privilege on the server?

2 Posts

January 14th, 2016 03:00

Yes, the user is listed in the sudoers file.

On the local machine: sudo dsu --inventory is working

What about the open ports on the OME server?

- i have open

TCP: 21,22,1278,1279, 2607

UDP: 162

Is there anything missing?

1K Posts

January 19th, 2016 23:00

Hi,

Couple of things:

• Is it SLES 11? If yes, then Issue 54 in ReadMe of OME might be helpful for you.
  • Can you check the sudoers file and make sure that the sudo user has privilege to execute a file? The text should be something like this:

• For target systems running 32-bit operating systems: Cmnd_Alias OMEUPDATE = /bin/tar, /opt/dell/srvadmin/bin/omexec,/tmp/LinuxPreInstallPackage/runbada,/tmp/LinuxPreInstallPackage/omexec ALL=OMEUPDATE, NOPASSWD:OMEUPDATE

• For target systems running 64-bit operating systems: Cmnd_Alias OMEUPDATE = /bin/tar, /opt/dell/srvadmin/bin/omexec,/tmp/LinuxPreInstallPackage64/runbada,/tmp/LinuxPreInstallPackage64/omexec ALL=OMEUPDATE, NOPASSWD:OMEUPDATE

You should be able to perform system update with sudo user with these settings.

No Events found!