Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

March 29th, 2017 09:00

Low Memory Alert in Dell OME v2.2.0.2056

I have Dell alerts turned on for memory in OME but does this software have the ability to monitor specific problems such as low memory?  It would be helpful to monitor memory consumption and prevent failure.  I have read through all of the pre-installed alerts for memory, but don't see any mention of memory space alerting.

Is this something another release may have if not on mine?

Thank you.

March 31st, 2017 00:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

Please confirm on below:

1. What devices you want to monitor these alerts for (servers, clients, etc.)?

2. How are you managing these devices, in-band through OS or out-of-band via iDRAC (in case of server)?

3. What version of OME are you working with?

March 31st, 2017 07:00

Thank you for replying.  The equipment monitored are Dell Poweredge servers of different models.  These are all being managed vie iDRAC.  I am currently using version 2.2.0.2056 of OME.  

There are several alerts built in for memory, but we are concerned about a database server running low on memory which would cause the system to have severe performance issues.  I know that most would say to add more memory to stay on the safe side, but that is not an option I was given by my management unless we begin to see a drop below 20% in usable memory.

I have a third-party software that can monitor specifics such as this, but I would like to use OME as a single performance monitoring tool rather than use multiple pieces of software to manage my systems.

Thank  you

April 3rd, 2017 03:00

You might get a "alertMemoryDeviceWarning" trap from managed iDRACs but not very sure.

OME does not collect any performance related data from managed targets as of today. I will pass on this feedback to concerned team.

No Events found!