sdepril
1 Copper

MIB import issue

Hi,

One of my customers has contacted me to discuss the management capabilities for the servers and sonicwall. Cost was really important for them. So we took OME as a possible solution. 

When installing the customer had a problem when they wanted to import the MIB files. He wanted to import the file with the “traps” and he gets an internal memory error . He followed all the prerequisites en sized the virtual server with 6GB of memory.

Do we know this issue? How can we solve it?

Thx,

Stijn

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

Re: MIB import issue

Hi and thanks for the post.  If you can give us the name of the mib file they were trying to parse, we will take a look and try to reproduce this error.

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

Also a few more questions:

 Is it consistent?  Does it happen all the time?

 Which specific MIB is causing this issue?

 Closing/re-opening the utility is also not helping ?

 And what are the messages in the “logs” section.

 What OS version are you running on?

thx

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

We just tried it and it works on W2K8R2.

The mibs we used are:

SNWL-COMMON-MIB

SONICWALL-FIREWALL-IP-STATISTICS-MIB

SONICWALL-FIREWALL-TRAP-MIB                     -- has trap definitions. And require SONICWALL-SMI for parsing. Even if we do not have other two, should be fine.

SONICWALL-SMI

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

To answer to your questions:

- It is consistent, it happens all the time

- I'm using the SonicWall TZ100 - firewall -trap-MIB.MIB (this is the only one that has traps)

- I retried many times but it keeps giving the same error, i even reinstalled everything on a clean    server, dellopenmanage works fine accept for the trap files.

- In the log file i get the same error (there is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query. at system.data.sqlClient....., at system.data.linq.sqlclient.....

- Everything runs on a Windows Server 2008R2 enterprise with 6GB RAM, 64bits

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos

ok,

This looks like a different SW MIB than the one's we are using.  I wonder if you can try some other MIB file just to see if you are able to parse _any_ MIB...just to check.

We will look for this mib and see if we can reproduce.  Did you download it from the SW support site?

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

A few questions:

- do you see this error when you do the parse or when doing the import?

- is OME working ok and does the OME db seem ok?

thx

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried the SW TZ210 MIB files (SONICWALL-FIREWALL-TRAP-MIB.MIB) but i get the same error.

All these files are from the MySW website.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos

do you get the error on the parse or input step?

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

The parse is ok, it finds and lists the traps but the error comes with the import to openmange action

0 Kudos