Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2015 11:00

OME 2.1 - File deploy command failed to execute with error message: Unable to access the specified share on the remote system. Verify your credentials and make sure you have administrative privileges on the target system.

Getting this error everytime trying to do system update to remote server.  The OME server is a workgroup server so not part of any domain.

6 Posts

November 20th, 2015 08:00

I joined the OME server to the domain.  Added the domain admin of that domain to the remote server, still getting the error.

Anyone???

1K Posts

November 23rd, 2015 01:00

Hi,

From the error message it appears to be an update using OMSA method. Can you please confirm? If that is the case, can you confirm the OMSA version as well?

6 Posts

November 24th, 2015 08:00

No.  I was using the management console, chose Non-compliant and went to the system update tab, chose an item to push to the server, got that error.

387 Posts

November 24th, 2015 08:00

I also get this error when trying to run updates from my management software (OME).

Defeats the purpose when you have to touch each server that needs to be updated.

KBeau

1K Posts

November 24th, 2015 22:00

Hi,

Let me re-frame my question. What is the update method when you choose to update any server? From non compliant systems there is a need to choose to either OMSA update method or iDRAC update method. 

So, if the update method is OMSA, it might be a problem with something which gets corrupted in OMSA install. You might not need to touch the system and instead you can just uninstall and reinstall OMSA to the latest from OME and things should start working for you. Let us know if this helps.

6 Posts

November 27th, 2015 08:00

I updated the OMSA on the target server to v8.2.  Again,  I am just choosing, Manage-System Update-NonCompliantSystems.  Then I see the system I want to update a component.  I am just choosing IDRAC (inband). 

I get the screen to enter in the "Run Now" option and then input the credentials.  Then I get the error from the task status saying:

"Results:  File deploy command failed to execute with error message: Unable to access the specified share on the remote system. Verify your credentials and make sure you have administrative privileges on the target system."

Please advise.

1K Posts

November 29th, 2015 22:00

Hi Tazer92,

Couple of questions so that we can narrow down the problem:

• What is the OME version that you are using?
  • Did you uninstall and reinstall OMSA or upgraded it to OMSA 8.2?
  • The user with which you are running the system update task, is that an administrator user? Is it a domain user or a local user?
  • Is the server a part of domain?
  • Also, can you use the Dell troubleshooting tool to perform "inband update test". This will be present under SystemUpdate tab when you launch troubleshooting tool.

6 Posts

November 30th, 2015 08:00

OME 2.1

Upgraded to v8.2, went to the server, and ran the install, it saw the old version 7.3.

It is a domain administrator from the prod site.  domain.  The server is part of the DR site that has a trust with the prod site.  I also added the prod site domain admin account to the local administrators group.

I have not run the "inband update test" yet.  Okay, will try that.

Also, what share and/or folder is the error referring to on the target server it can't access?

6 Posts

November 30th, 2015 08:00

Just did the troubleshooting tool, and the output is below from using a domain admin and the local administrator account on the target server:

Package Signature verified

Unable to copy package to target system

D:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\Bin\omremote.exe: Unable to initialize context, status=3330
D:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\Bin\omremote.exe: Unable to initialize omremote connection. Status=3330.

Unable to access the specified share on the remote system. Verify your credentials and make sure you have administrative privileges on the target system.

August 12th, 2016 04:00

Hi - any news regarding this issue? Have the same problem...

No Events found!