Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2015 09:00

OME Not Inventorying Systems. Shows "No Data Available"

I have turned off the firewall on the server hosting the OME 2.0.1.2222 and it will not discover any servers/clients. I've even installed onto a different server and get same results. There is no firewall between the OME host and the servers. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting this to work?

2.8K Posts

June 22nd, 2015 14:00

Hi there and thanks for your question.

First, just to make sure you are aware of delltechcenter.com/ome and the FAQ on that page (section 3) which has a number of whitepapers and videos to get you started.

But let's start with a few basic things:

1. What model number of server?  That is, are you discovering in-band (using OMSA) or out of band (using iDRAC).

2. If this is a 12G or 13G server, you can simply discover the IP address of the iDRAC and select only the WSMan protocol (uncheck SNMP).  Be sure to check all fhe checkboxes on the WSMan page.

And we can go from there.

Thanks,

Rob

July 8th, 2015 11:00

Thanks for your reply Rob. I'm using an R715 and it does not have an iDRAC--it discovers through the OMSA.

I enabled SNMP on all the servers and also have it discovering that way as well and through WMI.

Jason

2.8K Posts

July 8th, 2015 12:00

Ok, so I'd just stick with SNMP for the moment and be sure to uncheck WMI in the discovery wizard.  We can get back to that later.

1. Be sure OMSA is installed on the target server you are trying to discover.

2. Run the SNMP test from the Dell Troubleshooting tool installed on the OME desktop.

3. Tell me what is in the result set for that test.  Especially if it reports back an entry for Server Administrator.

That's a start.

Rob

No Events found!