Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

November 8th, 2018 13:00

OME - System Update fails with RED006 Error

As title states, I am seeing a RED006 error on the target iDRAC. I am attempting to update using ws-man out of band. All servers have iDRAC Enterprise licensing. Running on Windows Server 2016. I can inventory the systems correctly, and everything seems to be working outside of pushing updates to the client. Packages are downloaded to C:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\SystemUpdate\Packages correctly, and I can manually push and succeed when using the racadm command line tool outside of OME. The error is only present when using OME to push updates. I have opened the firewall to all ports and services to the specific subnet where our management network is so I do not believe it is a firewall issue. Perhaps it is a file sharing issue? I have re-added the hosts, tried disabling hash checking, and forced a reboot of the drac before attempting update. Nothing seems to work.

November 11th, 2018 22:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

The symptoms look similar to a known issue. Please see if the same applies to your environment/setup.

Issue 23:

Description: If ICMP ping is disabled in a OpenManage Essentials system configured with multiple IP addresses, and one or more subnets (IP addresses) of the system are accessible or reachable from iDRAC subnet, the firmware update on an iDRAC might fail with an error: Unable to download Update Package. MessageID: RED006. [PSE-4386]

Resolution: Allow ICMP packets through firewall and clear the Skip ICMP ping during discovery option under Discovery Settings, or use an OpenManage Essentials system configured with a single IP address.

May 8th, 2019 01:00

My OME Server is a VM and I have just one network adapter. So I think thats not the solution..

May 8th, 2019 01:00

Hi, I have the same Issue. Have you found a solution for this?

May 8th, 2019 02:00

May 8th, 2019 02:00

It'll be good to verify that there is no firewall rule that blocks communication from server iDRAC to OME on required ports. You can refer user's guide for required ports information.

May 8th, 2019 03:00

Ok, thank you! Problem solved! It was the firewall rule.. :-)

May 8th, 2019 04:00

Fantastic! Thanks for updating.

22 Posts

April 7th, 2020 12:00

Hello. Can you share what firewall you made the change in?  Did you have to add a port to the inbound or outbound on the firewall?

22 Posts

April 7th, 2020 13:00

Adding Port 1278 to inbound and outbound resolved this for me.

No Events found!