Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2012 11:00

OMSE & DRACs config issues

Hello there,

I have installed OME on a 2K8R2 box. All my windows servers are showing up fine and every single detail is there. And my dracs (combination of Drac5 & iDRAC)
are on a separate management network. they show up fine with no issues. However, there is no health reporting for dracs. i am using SNMP to configure them. according
to the user-guide, SNMP protocol will not show up the Drac health, for that you have to use IPMI. I tried configuring the dracs with IPMI and that results in much less
info available on OMSE. is there something i am missing. I even tried a combination of SNMP & IPMI for configuration but still no results. infact, it removes the entry
of the server under the 'Servers' tab and just have the entry under 'RACs'.

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

April 13th, 2012 13:00

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

RACs should be able to report health information over SNMP as well. Are you seeing Agent Global Status showing up as unknown for DRACs?

If you have OMSA on your servers, OMSA monitors overall server health and will provide a better indication of server health than iDracs for 11G and below servers. The health reported by DRACs will be subset of server health.

Regards

Abhijit

No Events found!