I was able to follow user directions and get the virtual machine created and online. However, I am unable to discover any of my Windows servers using Server - HostOS - WIndows or via SNMP. All of my servers are running OMSA. This is the error message:
I saw your other discover post from the other day but for some odd reason I was unable to post to it.
We have some work to do to get these forums fixed up for Enterprise.
Anyway, Enterprise is really more oriented to out of band management. So the inband OMSA+SNMP discovery is not supported. There is a bit of inband with SSH or Windows, but it is pretty limited compared with the capabilities you get with WSMan and the iDRAC. So take a look and see what the differences are and how it works for you.
There is a section in the user guide or online help that talks about setting up the node for Win discovery. See below if that helps.
in UG look for: Enabling WS-Man in HTTPS mode for discovering Windows or Hyper-V servers
Thanks for the info, I'll look at the documentation. Is this product going to replace OpenManage Essentials? It seems like I'm losing a lot of the functionality if that is the case.
We are trying to get a few more 'tech-sheet' type of docs published in early January.
Yes, it is "at some point" the product that will be the console to replace OM Essentials. This is the "Tech Release" and we are eager to get feedback on the product especially around features that are especially important to you. We are currently not feature parity with Essentials and are working on a followup release sometime next year.
So please keep the feedback coming.
Deployed onto VMware 6.5. I've got a few of our FC630's in FX2s chassis just for out of band. (currently run OME 2.3)
1) This new GUI is awesome and much nicer than the old OME, so thats awesome
2) I don't know how to setup the file share, so all my hosts now keep failing the configuration task everyday and i'm unable to take a reference compliance template from a server
3) Sending firmware seems to kind of work, but it takes a very long time compared to previously. I've had an update running now for 3 hours to do a single bios update on 5 hosts. There isn't much in the details either.
Hi @ks-ccare thanks for the post.
Thanks for the feedback on the new UI, I'll pass it along. More refinements to come
If you are using config with a 12 or 13G server, you may have to enable SMBv1 in the console Application Settings area. There might be a note in the release notes on this, but I don't have that handy.
Not sure on the firmware issue. I wonder if you can pick a single box, make sure the iDRAC log is clear (you can run a racadm job to clear the job queue, or use the Dell Troubleshooting tool) and try to update just one box to see if the setup is all ok.
Please tell whoever does your Youtube videos that they need to TALK during the videos. No one likes having to read what someone is doing. Narration isn't that hard but adds tons to the understandability of any instructional video.
I like the interface. However, presently with OM Essentials I'm managing 347 file servers, 4 KVM's, 3 Tape Libraries and 3 MD Storage enclosures. Over half of those servers are running Windows and don't have drac connectivity. It appears in reading the documentation that I'm going to have enable ws-man over https on all of those servers to be able to manage them since I can't connect to them via snmp either. I'm also unable to manage the kvm's, my ml6000 tape libraries or my MD storage enclosures. I also don't like that there is no link to omsa like there is in essentials.
I realize that this is a tech release and that features will be added, hopefully some of my issues will be corrected.
Thanks for the fast followup.
1) Setting SMBv1 fixed the problem with complaince jobs and allowed me to take a reference template succesfully on FC630's
2) I've tried cleaning the logs, job queues and doing just one FC630, bios from 2.5.4 to 2.6.0, it is currently at 5 hours and doesn't look like it has even started from the details.
The last job ran for 23 hours and it did update 3 of the 5 blades bios versions successfully, the other 2 doesn't look like it started. Its not like it takes hours to do the update, it just looks like it takes hours to start the update. (It would be good if the messages window had timestamps for each new line so i could confirm)