Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 14th, 2014 02:00

Serveres discovered but don't appair in Compliant Systems

Hi guys

I set up a server with OpenManagement Essentials 2.0 and followed the tutorials for setting it up. I discovered my servers using iDRAC/WS Man (I don’t want to use SNMP for this).

The show up on the Home screen and an unknown under Devices. When I go to System update no Compliant Systems is shown.

Any help would be appreciated..

1K Posts

October 14th, 2014 09:00

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Since, you are trying to discover the iDRAC, you will need to select skip CN check and skip CA check while creating the discovery task. 
This is to support discovery over secure channel. Else http needs to be configured properly on the iDRAC which is another set of task.

Perform the discovery again by selecting secure mode, then select skip CA check and CN check and let us know if you are able to see the iDRAC under RAC in the device tree. Once, it is there in the device tree under RAC, you should be able to see other details which you want to see.

1K Posts

October 14th, 2014 05:00

Hi,

When you performed the iDRAC discovery and inventory of the iDRAC  using WSMAN, can you see it under RAC?

It should not be seen under unknown devices.

While performing discovery and inventory, did you select skip common name check and skip CA check?

Are you able to connect to the iDRAC using dell troubleshooting tool?

9 Posts

October 14th, 2014 06:00

Hi Pupul thanks for your reply

No I do not see any devices under RAC, only the IPs of the devices is shown under Unknown. No I did not skip common name check and CA check during discovery and inventory.

Tested iDRAC using dell troubleshooting tool everything seems to be fine. The result of a test to a random host shows:

Connected.
WSMAN profiles found on the remote device are:
1. Power Supply
2. Power Supply
3. Sensors
4. Base Metrics
5. Physical Asset
6. Base Server
7. Power State Management
8. Power Topology
9. Power Allocation
10. Service Processor
11. Boot Control
12. Simple Identity Management
13. Role Based Authorization
14. Active Directory Client
15. Modular System
16. Record Log
17. Simple NIC

9 Posts

October 15th, 2014 00:00

Nice - I did the discovery in "Secure mode" and checked the "trusted site" checkbox, an now my server show up as they should. Thanks for leading me in the right direction..

1K Posts

October 15th, 2014 10:00

Great. Thanks for letting us know :)

No Events found!