Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 5th, 2012 09:00

vmware correlation

I can't seem to get my guest to correlate with my host servers. I'm running ESX 4 using snmp to see my host and wmi for the guest. Anything I can check or is this an ESXi only feature?

2 Posts

March 5th, 2012 11:00

I thought that it would show up under my esx server like ITA did but my guest show up under unknown. I will just exclude those then since this is hardware only. Are there any plans on integrating desktop/laptop clients into this?

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

Thanks for your post.

Can you provide more information on the desired corelation? Are you looking at the host inventory for guests listed in the table? Or are you looking for gues nodes in the device tree?

OME does not show the guests in the device tree as it is designed for managing the host hardware.

Regards

Abhijit

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

Your observation is right. This is one of the differences between ITA and OME. since OME is designed as hardware management tool, the VMs are excluded from device tree. OME will be able to show you the list of VMs as part of host server inventory. As you mentioned, you can exclude VMs from discovery range to prevent those showing up as unknown devices.

Client support is being considered for the next OME release.

Regards

Abhijit

No Events found!