Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2015 11:00

Error Checking/Downloading Dell Online Catalog - 403

This is a new install of Dell Repository Manager v.2.0.0.187

A new Dell Catalog is available, however when I go to check for it the "Import Screen" closes after a few seconds of checking for the update. Please see below for log entries:

'ServerName' Downloader.Download: [WebException][Downloader] -> [Download File] -> The remote server returned an error: 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,166,104,55,206,161). .: ftp.dell.com/sysman/DRMPluginsVer.cab   at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)   at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(String address)   at DownloadManager.DownloadBase.DownloadFile(String strSourceFile, String strDestFile, Boolean bWebFile, WebClient& downloadClient, String& strError) in c:\RepoMgr_Jenkins\workspace\RepositoryManager200\src\Libraries\DownloadManager\DownloadBase.cs:line 300   at DownloadManager.DownloadBase.ProcessTempFile(Boolean bWebFile, Token token, String strSourceFile) in c:\RepoMgr_Jenkins\workspace\RepositoryManager200\src\Libraries\DownloadManager\DownloadBase.cs:line 491   at DownloadManager.FtpCopy.CopyHelper(Token token, Boolean bAsync) in c:\RepoMgr_Jenkins\workspace\RepositoryManager200\src\Libraries\DownloadManager\FtpCopy.cs:line 33   at DownloadManager.FtpCopy.Copy(Token token) in c:\RepoMgr_Jenkins\workspace\RepositoryManager200\src\Libraries\DownloadManager\FtpCopy.cs:line 42   at DownloadManager.Downloader.Download(Token token, Protocol protocol, Boolean bAsync) in c:\RepoMgr_Jenkins\workspace\RepositoryManager200\src\Libraries\DownloadManager\Downloader.cs:line 403 schemas.microsoft.com/.../E2ETraceEvent"> schemas.microsoft.com/.../system"> 0 3 0 2 'ServerName' CheckCatalog.GetPublishDate: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. Stack:   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()   at RMDataServiceLibrary.DataServiceAPI.CheckCatalog.GetPublishDate(String catalogPath) in c:\RepoMgr_Jenkins\workspace\RepositoryManager200\src\Libraries\RMDataServiceLibrary\DataServiceAPI\CheckCatalog.cs:line 85 schemas.microsoft.com/.../E2ETraceEvent"> schemas.microsoft.com/.../system"> 0 3 0 2 'ServerName' CheckCatalog.GetPublishDate: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. Stack:   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()   at RMDataServiceLibrary.DataServiceAPI.CheckCatalog.GetPublishDate(String catalogPath) in c:\RepoMgr_Jenkins\workspace\RepositoryManager200\src\Libraries\RMDataServiceLibrary\DataServiceAPI\CheckCatalog.cs:line 85 schemas.microsoft.com/.../E2ETraceEvent"> schemas.microsoft.com/.../system"> 0 3 0 2 'ServerName' CheckCatalog.GetPublishDate: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. Stack:   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()   at RMDataServiceLibrary.DataServiceAPI.CheckCatalog.GetPublishDate(String catalogPath) in c:\RepoMgr_Jenkins\workspace\RepositoryManager200\src\Libraries\RMDataServiceLibrary\DataServiceAPI\CheckCatalog.cs:line 85

February 24th, 2015 21:00

Hi,

Has the proxy been set in IE/DRM? Can you provide the proxy credentials first through IE and then try importing the FTP catalog?

Thanks,
Sindhu

87 Posts

February 25th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

By default Dell Repository Manager uses the settings of Internet Explorer. If there is something other than that, you will need to set it manually in DRM through Application->Settings->DefaultProxy

Request you to please check that and let us know if you still face issues.

DRM picks the catalog from ftp://ftp.dell.com/catalog/catalog.cab

Also, please check if you are able to access that link manually from IE.

Thanks,

Sashi.

1 Message

March 10th, 2015 07:00

What was the resolution to this? I just installed v2 and am getting the same error.  I cannot access ftp://ftp.dell.com/catalog/catalog.cab via IE or Chrome.  When I try using Ipswitch FTP Pro, it says a password is required.  

How to download the .cab file?

5 Posts

March 10th, 2015 14:00

Through IE, I can get to ftp://ftp.dell.com/catalog, but I cannot get to ftp://downloads.dell.com/catalog.  This page simply will not display.

2 Posts

March 14th, 2015 15:00

i have the same problem, but when i checked the ftp://ftp.dell.com/catalog/ i see that the cab file has no file size. So i think the file is corrupted.

March 14th, 2015 23:00

Apologies for the inconvenience, issue in ftp site and it will be resolved asap .

No Events found!