Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

March 9th, 2007 12:00

A05 BIOS HELP

I want to reset my a05 bios because the second IDE wont work. So it has to run under one IDE and it runs slow like that. If you know how to reset bios for a a05 or how to get the IDE 2nd to work please let me know .

Aim: CodysCompService

or post under here.

9.4K Posts

March 9th, 2007 12:00

A couple of things......

First, posting your Dell model number would be helpful.

Secondly, when you refer to a "reset" are you referring to clearing the NVRAM (CMOS) to reset the BIOS options back to their recommended factory settings or are you referring to flashing the A05 BIOS version back to another version?  A little clarification would be helpful.

5 Posts

March 9th, 2007 18:00

its a Dimension 2400 Series,Intel Celeron Processor at 2.4GHz , i need the cmos reset. The HOLE BIOS BACK TO NORMAL.

5 Posts

March 9th, 2007 19:00

i got it , I took out the BIOS ( CMOS ) battery and started it for 2-5 seconds and turned it off and restart it with the battery in . and it told me ide config and then configed the bios battery. :) and it all works now !

9.4K Posts

March 10th, 2007 12:00

Glad to hear you resolved the problem.  In the future your model has a keystroke method of clearing and resetting the NVRAM (CMOS).  I have noted the procedure below for your reference.
  • Reboot system and enter the BIOS Setup by pressing F2. 
  • Turn on Caps Lock, Scroll Lock and  Num Lock.
  • Press ALT + E then ALT + F (should hear beep) then ALT + B

July 26th, 2013 06:00

THIS IS THE ANSWER!!!

If you have had to press F1 to co continue to your Operating System, or F2 to Settings, and cannot find where to Reset your BIOS/CMOS to Default, the instructions above, In Red, is the Solution To Your Problem.  It seems ridiculous and looks as if someone is pulling your leg, but this is an answer I have looked up again and again for years.  I finally saved it to my Technical Documents Folder, today.  It's long past time I left a nod of appreciation to the author of this solution which has bailed me out more times than I could count. 

This NVRAM ver.A05, typically found in older Dell PC's, has no such Reset feature.  "Majestic" HAS supplied the resolution to this issue; it works, flawlessly and has never caused nor created further issues. 

If your computer, containing the A05 BIOS, is not booting properly, after having changed settings for any reason; usually because you (or someone) changed settings to Recover Your Operating System and/or Upgrade the Bios, or Add a Video Card, etc. this will reset your CMOS to factory Default, preventing you from having to press F1 to continue to your Operating System on every reboot.

This is the third time I have had to search for this post over the years and it has worked Every Single Time! As with most CMOS can be reset to Default by pressing F10 then choosing Default Settings, from the Menu, along with Save and/or Discard Changes.

Thanks Again, Majestic~!

Andy, The TheraPetGuy...

No Events found!