Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2011 06:00

ATI FireMV Automatic Output Changeover - how do I stop it?

I have a bunch of T3500 Precision workstations with ATI FireMV 2260 graphics cards (as supplied by Dell), running Win 7. Each PC has only one monitor (a Dell U2410). The graphics driver (again, as supplied) switches to the other graphics card port if it senses the monitor is no longer online (because, say, it's been switched off), but won't switch back when it finds nothing on the other port either. The result is a blank screen when the monitor is switched back on, necessitating moving the monitor's connector to the other port, or restarting the PC, neither of which is acceptable.

Is there any way to force the driver to use only one manually selected port?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 11th, 2011 08:00

The act of turning the monitor off is forcing the PC and video card to reinitialize the monitor. Instead of turning the monitor off, just let it go into Powersave mode. Then, see if it will awaken.

18 Posts

August 12th, 2011 02:00

The powersave mode is disabled. These PCs will constitute elements of a mission critical system, and any risk that the screen will turn itself off while the user is monitoring a critical process is not acceptable. Now, can you please answer my original question, or is there no way to disable this "feature"?

18 Posts

August 26th, 2011 03:00

Just an update - I've pursued this problem through AMD, who have come up with a modified driver (a beta test prototype so far, so not distributable) which cures the problem. If and when they make a formal release for this fix, I'll post details here.

No Events found!