Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2007 14:00

ATI Radeon X1300PRO Dual and Clone output malfunction below 1152 x 864

I have a pair of vostro 200 with ati x1300 graphics cards in them.
They both have the same problem.
I wish to set the resolution to 1024 x 768 on both screens and clone the primary monitor.
I can only achieve a clone on the second monitor at a resolution of 1152 x 864 and above.
Different res and stretched desktops are fine, but 1024 x 768 (and below) clone gives me a distorted image on the secondary monitor.

I've tried to register this issue with ati, but they're not quite so "alive"!
I've reinstalled .net (v1.xxx and v2.xxx) and the ccc software with no luck.
I've tried 4 different monitor setups with the same problem, so it's not the monitors I'm using.
Anyone able to help.

cheers
Jimnexus

4 Posts

September 11th, 2007 15:00

This card only had one DVI out and I'm using the DVI to 2 x VGA splitter cable.
It also has the S-Video output too.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 11th, 2007 15:00

I can only achieve a clone on the second monitor.

The video card has one blue VGA and one white DVI (uses a DVI to VGA adapter). Which one is the second monitor using?

Connecting Multiple Monitors Radeon X1300 Pro User's Guide

4 Posts

September 12th, 2007 11:00

The card in the vostro is a half height card and therefore has only one DVI out. The user guide above only addresses the full height card... any further thoughts? ta.

4 Posts

September 18th, 2007 13:00

According to Dell telephone technical support - Cloning at 1024 x 768 is not supported by this card.
Althought "extended desktop" is.

I'm really dissapointed that this card can "clone" at higher resolutions but not lower... how does that work?

If anyone finds a software fix for this please post a link or reply here and let me know, many thanks.

Jim nexus

February 13th, 2012 11:00

I have had problems with Dells and cloning to multiple monitors in the past, and I was able to resolve the issue by using the ATI Catalyst Control Center to clone the display.  It was not intuitive.  It involved disabling the 2nd monitor, then dragging it back into the "enabled" box, and choosing CLONE from the resultant popup menu.  Lord only knows why anyone took the stupid CLONE checkbox out of the basic display settings area where it belongs...

No Events found!