Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

December 3rd, 2003 13:00

Adding a retail Audigy 2 Platinum system to a Dimension 8300

Here is my system.

Dimension 8300

•  1 Gig RAM
  • 400 Watt ATX Silencer power supply (installed myself)
  • 40 GB Hard-Drive
  • DVD ROM drive
  • DVD Writable drive
  • ATI Radeon XT Video Card

I just purchased an Audigy 2 Platinum system to install.  Included is the PCI audio card  and an Audigy2 Drive bay that is to be installed in a slot in the front of the computer.  It contains volume knobs, audio connections, etc...

My problem is that I don't think I have a slot big enough to fit the drive bay.  The only slots that look big enough are the two DVD slots which are currently occupied.  Is it possible for me to install the Drive Bay without removing one of DVD drives

Let me know if anything isn't clear

Thanks for any input.

Kirk

Message Edited by kbanta on 12-03-2003 09:44 AM

410 Posts

December 3rd, 2003 16:00

I'm not sure about the 8300, but it wouldn't fit in my 8100 either. Some people can make it fit with some drilling, dremeling and glueing. I just have mine sitting in there loose.

10 Posts

December 4th, 2003 13:00

Everyone,

Not to be pushy or anything,  but I have seen the post about problems getting the audigy2 drive to fix in a large CD/DVD slot.  But has anyone had experience with the situation in which you only have two small bays left over.

Would it be possible to remove the two small bay covers and place the Audigy drive in that large hole and rig some sort of cover for the small space that is left?

Thanks again

Kirk

No Events found!