Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2015 03:00

Alienware Aurora R4 power on button faulty

I had the front bezel on my pc replaced a month after the warranty began, the original year warranty has now expired, but is the front bezel covered as as far as I was aware and faulty part should come with a minimum years warranty against failure.

The power button, is very flaky sometimes working and sometimes taking upto 10 presses to turn on the pc and is only getting worse.

This seems to be a common issue with this model, is there a quick fix for it?

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 25th, 2015 06:00

One part replaced does not equal new year or more warranty extension.You can extend your warranty but the terms and conditions depend on which country you are in. There could also be an intermittent power supply issue.

2 Posts

June 26th, 2015 04:00

I am from the United Kingdom, being a qualified electrician I have checked the power supply and it is completely stable.

This power button that was incorporated into the design of the aurora alx r4 is clearly substandard, when I commented to the Dell technician who replaced my whole front bezel about the build quality of this component he said, that it was the worst power on mechanism he had ever seen fitted to a Dell pc.

EU Directive 1999/44/EC states that all European Union member states must allow consumers to make a claim for faulty or misdescribed goods under their consumer rights for a minimum of two years. English law already allows you to make a claim for up to six years from the date you bought the goods and for up to five years in Scotland. Therefore if you buy any goods from any other EU member state, you can assume that you can make a claim for faulty or misdescribed goods for at least two years after.

This silly little silver, flimsy, unstable, piece of plastic should never have got through quality control.

August 24th, 2015 19:00

"This silly little silver, flimsy, unstable, piece of plastic should never have got through quality control."

No kidding! Mine broke days after warranty expiration. I've called, and called and called. They couldn't even tell me the part number, in fact they still haven't, someone here did. You can't just buy the power button either, you need to buy the entire front I/O assembly and Dell doesn't have any. They told me to try eBay and watch the dis assembly video, which by the way, is a video on how to take the entire computer apart, not just the relevant part.

No Events found!