Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2016 06:00

All in one Dell Inspiron won't turn on

Before I get into my question I would like to disclaim that I am not at all a computer person, I mean I don't know the names of the different parts. Heck I can't really remember the model of my computer all too well buuut, I went to work today and my computer was off (as stated before it's an all in one Dell Inspiron) and I got home, deciding to play video games however it didn't turn on. The power button light is a white kinda blue colour like usual and it sounds normal but after about 2 seconds it shuts off (It doesn't even get to the screen with the Dell logo on it). I've unplugged my Wacom tablet and all things like that, also note the light on the cord coming from the back of the computer is on just like usual. This computer was bought in December 2015 so it's not old at all and I'm quite worried because it is so new and rather important to me so any advice would be nice, especially if you could break it down into simple terms so someone as dumb as me can understand. Thanks!!!!!

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

April 14th, 2016 18:00

We need to know the exact model number. If you don't know it but have the Service Tag number (look for a sticker on the PC), go to Support and type that number into the Enter a Service Tag or other product ID box about 1/3 down the page. It should tell you the model number.

You can try this for starters:.

1. Disconnect the power cord from rear of PC; don't just unplug it from the wall
  2. Now press/hold the power button for ~30 sec
  3. Reconnect the power cord to rear of PC
  4. See if it boots now

2 Posts

April 16th, 2016 19:00

Correct me if this is the wrong information but, it's an Inspiron 7459 with Windows 10. Also I tried the steps you kindly have to me but I had no luck :(

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

April 17th, 2016 20:00

If you bought this system in Dec'15, it still should be under warranty so you need to contact Dell Tech Support ASAP for warranty repairs.

And since it's an All-In-One, it takes a trained person to work inside so there isn't much you can do by yourself.

Hope they fix it quickly. Good luck!

No Events found!