Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2016 03:00

Audio interference - popping cracking

Hi All,

Can anyone help me with an audio issue. I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 3252 so I can play music through. Unfortunately I seem to be getting some kind of interference of the popping and crackling sounds.

At first I thought it was my Amp, as I am playing through a Denon AMP. So I bought a new amp but the interference was still happening. to try and diagnose the problem I played the music through my ipod and there appeared to be no interference. Which leads me to believe it's the audio output on the computer.

The dell has an audio app MaxxAudio Pro that I have just found. There is a speaker enhancement setting and it was on 'MaxxSense'. Does anyone know the best setting. I have selected the 'Music' setting.

There seems to be less interference so could this be the issue? 

Play back of music is through iTunes.

Anyone come across this before or have any ideas?

Many thanks for your help

; )

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 29th, 2016 07:00

Apologies that you did not yet receive a response. How is the amp connected to the Inspiron 3252? In my Dell audio manager, I see Maxxvolumepro. On the Main screen, When playing a music MP3, Movies is loudest, Music is less volume, Voice is distorted. On the Speaker / Headphone screen, the changes on the Main screen are duplicated here.

February 2nd, 2016 06:00

.Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I simply have jack to phono lead goes from the pc that connects direct to the AMP. Since I have changed the setting to music, the issue seems to have gone

I will try the movies setting and see how that sounds.

Thanks for your help

: )

No Events found!