Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2012 08:00

Aurora Microphone very quiet without boost

Hi all,

I recently bought a Alienware Aurora and it's running amazingly but my only issue is with my headset.

When i use the mic on my headset the volume is very low and others can't hear me on skype, they can just about hear me but that's about it. I can turn up the mic boost and this put it up to a normal sound but the mic boost tends to distort the sound so it sounds very robotic and not the quality i would expect from an expensive pair of headphones.

My old Pc worked fine, the quality seems to have dropped alot since moving over to my new pc.

I ordered Intergrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital Capabilty sound card, if that helps at all

If anyone knows of a way to get the microphone performing at a decent level that would be great.

Thanks

15 Posts

August 9th, 2012 14:00

it's been a couple of days since my post, was wondering if anyone was having a similar issue at all.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 9th, 2012 16:00

Moving this to the Desktop Audio board to see if they can assist with the MIC issue.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 9th, 2012 19:00

Try analog plug in back of machine.

Set this input to Default, set other to disabled or "not plugged in".

Go to it Properties and let the Level Higher.

15 Posts

August 13th, 2012 14:00

I've plugged my headset into the back of the pc now and it's still the same.

People can hear me but the quality is really poor compared to how it was on my previous pc.

Without mic boost up to atleast 20 you can barely hear me at all.

15 Posts

August 14th, 2012 06:00

I'm wondering if a USB headset would fix this issue.

15 Posts

August 15th, 2012 07:00

i'm going to put this down to the headphones. Thanks for all the replies.

I've tested other headsets with it now and they seem fine, my current headset actually lost sound from one ear as well so i've no idea what's going on with it. But thanks for all the help. I shall close this once i get my new ones tomorrow and have tested it.

15 Posts

August 16th, 2012 08:00

Brand new top of the range headset and the mic quality is still not very good. The sound quality is great but what people are hearing from my mic is apparently still 'robotic'

I was wondering if the realtek software that comes with it has anything to do with it. I tried turning it off but it makes the mic sound static and makes it hard for me to hear anyone.

Spent along time trying to sort this now and spend money on it and looks like im going to have to spend more money on it.

4.4K Posts

May 31st, 2013 11:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                        

No Events found!