Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2007 17:00

Blue flashing light after shut down

Hello  everybody.

I have a Inspiron 531 with is standing in my bedroom.
After shutting down the pc there is an anoying blue light flashing in front.
At night the whole room is flashing blue............
Is there a possibility to turn that of?
It looks like a standbye something.
Now i am pulling the voltage plug but that is not the meaning.

Please help a woman in distres

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

September 13th, 2007 18:00

What operating system? If you have vista, you should be aware the default off button is Standby, not shutdown. You can change it in Power Options, schemes. Change the Power button default to shutdown or use the right arrow next to the lock symbol after pressing the Start button to select Shutdown instead. Your manual has all the info: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/inspd531/en/OM/trouble.htm#wp1082854

4 Posts

September 14th, 2007 07:00

Yes it is Vista, i found it out yesterday evening late.
Thanks for the reply and your input for me how to change the default setting to shutdown.
I'll try this evening

14.4K Posts

July 1st, 2008 17:00

The blue light on the monitor is indicating lack of signal. why not just turn it off?

1 Message

July 1st, 2008 17:00

I also have a Inspiron 531, running on Windos XP.  I do not shut down at night, and I get the "flashing Blue Light" when I try to access my moniter, it will not com eon, I get the blue active light ad then ot returns to yellow, I have to hard boot to stop the flashing blue and get my moniter to turn on.  Do I have to shut down every night, this is really frustrating, I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Thank you

Cmnicol

No Events found!