Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2010 07:00

Bluetooth keyboard not connected at Windows 7 Login.

I've got a bluetooth wireless keyboard (model: Y-RAQ-DEL2 - I think it might be made by Logitech) and have Logitech's control centre version 4.80.103 installed and driver version 4.82.11 on a Win 7 system.

They keyboard works absolutely fine and without a problem EXCEPT on the windows login screen after booting up.  Currently the only way I can type my password to get into Win 7 is to have a second USB keyboard plugged in.  The wireless keyboard doesn't work at all on the Win 7 login screen but works fine afterwards.  It is extremely annoying having to have a second keyboard simply for the purpose of getting past the login screen.  Does anyone else have this issue??

February 16th, 2011 02:00

I messed around with this for HOURS.  But after trying different tools and playing around with the registry for a LOOOOONG time (about 6 hours?!?) I discovered that if you go into Control Panel, Administrative Toold, Services, Bluetooth Support Service, Change the startup type to Automatic, and go to the log on tab up top, and change it to Log On As: Local System Account and Interact with the Desktop, it will run before the logon screen.  Sharing this incase anyone else on the interwebs has the same problem.  I'll even leave a trail of breadcrumbs for google!  Now I gotta get this to work with Linux...  Yikes!

BT KB bluetooth keyboard before logon before login tool utility fix bluetooth dongle bluetooth adapter wireless keyboard registry regedit services

You owe me 500.00 dollars, or a cookie, or a beer, or just a thanks for sharing!

1 Message

September 18th, 2012 22:00

I'll buy you a beer.

Thanks!!

1 Message

March 21st, 2013 05:00

Brilliant!  I also owe you a beer.  Don't know how this could have happened in the first place!

DELL and BLUETOOTH were NO help by the way, despite their fancy sites telling us how helpful they are. Despite their friendly facade, they want you you pay for advice....or set up websites for knowledgeable people (like yourself) to solve real problems outside the "Frequently asked questions" (by whom?).

AHHH..... that's my rant over for the day.

Cheers!

1 Message

March 25th, 2014 19:00

You are lifesaver!!     here is a :emotion-22: AND a :emotion-49: for you.

4 Posts

July 12th, 2015 14:00

you really helped me out a lot, i cannot thank you enough.

No Events found!