Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

December 23rd, 2015 08:00

Boot loop - XPS 2710

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me on this:

After i updated my drivers and BIOS (as suggested from DELL application on the website) i have been facing some problems. The bios update never came to an end, froze on 99% for a couple of days till i decided to turn off the computer. after that everything was fine, only i was prompted to choose between the normal or recovery mode at every startup (and no matter how i tried to change the boot mode from win, it resetted to "recovery mode" by itself).

But it was OK. Till Windows automatically updated to 10. everything was fine, for a couple of minutes, then PC went to sleep mode, froze, had to force shut down, restarted to EXACTLY the same screen before it went sleeping (as if i just woke it up), after a while i let it alone, it went in hibernation and never woke up.

Now i'm stuck in a very short boot loop, it stays around 2,5 second on then shuts off again, fans turn on then off again. Disconnecting HD, Ram, Everything else but power is no help. I've been told it's a motherboard issue, but motherboards are nowhere to find nowadays. 

Any clue if there is a way to break the loop, or in worst case how to identify the BIOS chip in order to attempt to change it? I know it's difficult and risky, but the computer is anyway just a huge (but nice) Paperweight.

No Responses!
No Events found!