Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

November 16th, 2008 11:00

Can't view TV on Windows XP through USB TV Tuner on Dell m1730

Hello, for some unknown reason everytime I try to view TV on my laptop, my machine give me the blue screen of death and then restarts. I tried the newest version of Cyberlink PowerCinema 5. I will install the program file, set up the channels and everything in the settings menu, but when I click on the atual TV icon, it freezes and restarts. Same thing with Nero 9. I have the latest version and when I try to boot up Nero Live and click actaully try to watch TV it will freeze on me.

Its interesting to note that Television worked fine through Windows Media Center 2005 on my other laptop the Inspiron 9400 using the same Dell Angel USB Tuner. I read somewhere online where new codecs might be at fault, so I uninstalled K-Lite Codec Pack. I also uninstalled my newest video drivers (downloaded from nvidia site) for my Nvideo 8700 512mb and installed older versions. None of that  helped. I then tried to install the drivers dell has listed on their site for video as well as the Ageia Physx drivers and STILL when I try to play TV it freezes on me. The drivers for my TV card seem to be the only ones available. Oh I forgot to mention, I have Windows XP with SP3. I am ripping my hair out here, trying to figure this out. Please help !

No Responses!
No Events found!