Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

February 22nd, 2013 11:00

Current Bios Versions For Each Model?

Hi,

Myself and my co-workers support Dell systems that are brand new and 10 years old.  We usually re-image many systems each week and a part of the process involves updating the BIOS if needed to the most current revision.

The 'fastest'  way we know to do this is to log into premier, enter the machines service tag and then drill down to the BIOS versions to see if anything new has been released.  Even new systems need to be updated as is the case with the Optiplex 7010 that is shipping to us with A08 when the current version on the site is A12. 

Rather than having to log into Dell each time to check to see if the version has changed,  is there a page that lists the most current BIOS version by model somewhere that I can check?  Over time that would save myself and I am sure many others a lot of extra work and it seems like something Dell would have access to pretty easily.

thanks in advance!

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

Hi Mph65,

Unfortunately, there isn't any list or page available where you can check the information. All the updates are pushed to our Support Site.

Instead of entering the Service Tag for each machine, you may choose the system model and check for the BIOS version. However, you would need to navigate to the BIOS option in the same fashion.

Hope this information helps.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

Or set a bookmark for the Drivers/Download page for each of the models you support, so you don't have to go through the product tree every time.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 22nd, 2013 13:00

There will be ZERO changes to the bios for 2003 systems during all of 2013.

That does not mean that version 1.0 was the last change but I would not expect to
see ANY changes in bios past the 5 year mark.

:emotion-3:

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

There isn't a need to login many times because 10 year old machines will not be getting bios updates.

Also the http://ftp.us.dell.com/  site is cleaned up quite a bit.  You could start there.

Please select a product from below

• Desktops

• Software, Monitors, Electronics & Peripherals

• Laptops

• Printers & Imaging Solutions

• Servers, Storage & Networking

• Tablets and Mobile Devices

3 Posts

My point was I deal with a lot of different models of many different ages - today alone I have dealt with 745's 755's 760's 790's and 7010's not to mention a couple different Precision models.  Forget I said 10 years - pretend I said 4 or 5 years.  

It is a pain to look up the BIOS revision of even 5 computer models every day to see if they have changed - even if I just look by model and not service tag.  It would be MUCH easier if there was a page that was updated to show the current revision for each model.   As the Dell rep explained - thats not an option so I will use the method I described above.

thanks

No Events found!