Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 4th, 2012 10:00

DELL INSPIRON 570 PROCESSOR UPGRADE

I have a dell inspiron 570 with a 04GJJT motherboard and a 300w power supply. I would like to upgrade to a AMD phenom II x4 965. I cant find any information on if my computer can handle this processor.

I do have the latest A06 bios update and latest chipset update

22 Posts

September 11th, 2012 17:00

Ok im going to get the iceedge 400. Will this work/fit ect.?

893 Posts

September 12th, 2012 09:00

Hi, I am always late. Rocketfish was my first cooler. As cooler it was proven good, however DeepCool is better. Next, for both those choices you would have to remove (most likely) backplate....

22 Posts

September 12th, 2012 19:00

I ordered the the Deepcool. Can one of you give me full instructions on how to install it and what is a backplate...

I know its alot to ask but it would be very appreciated

893 Posts

September 13th, 2012 12:00

very tired now, just back from work, as soon as I find my photos, will post - I hope within 24 hours.

893 Posts

September 13th, 2012 19:00

OK here is what I did.

To remove backplate you will need credit card type plastic, any plastic card will do, no metal to touch motherboard! I do my recommendations in metric system, I don't like inches...

Here is backplate. I used as you can see 4 peaces of plastic folded in half, approximate size (width) of already folded plastic is about 1-1.5 centimeters wide and 4-5 centimeters long. First you have to use plastic card (library card, credit card or similar) to lift backplate up a bit to insert those plastic assistants. Backplate is glued to motherboard! As soon as you inserted those FOLDED plastics, you can stick regular, flat screwdriver into the plastic folds and now you can use more force to lift backplate off motherboard, there is no rush here, you might need about 1 hour of monkey job. Lift a bit on 1 side, advance plastic closer to center, move to another corner, and so on. MAKE SURE THAT NO METAL TOUCHES MOTHERBOARD! Upper left corner  on my picture is the most difficult to insert plastic and lift backplate, be extra careful here - there are a lot of protruding parts in this location.

The glue, sticky paper located on the outer sides of backplate square as you can see in next picture.

As soon as backplate is out, you have to carefully remove this sticky paper, here you can use only you fingers and nails - no metal here as you can easily scratch motherboard, improvise.

After this any backplate for LGA775 socket will fit.

This is it, you done.

22 Posts

September 13th, 2012 20:00

i have an am3 socket and what do i do with the new heatsink now

893 Posts

September 14th, 2012 00:00

OK. check on the next picture, this is Inspiron 570 motherboard model 04GJJT.

In order to change processor you have to remove previous heatsink by unscrewing screws, lift the level on the left (this picture), place new processor, lower the level and place new cooler?! I am not sure I understood your question.

After you removed backplate, you have to take new backplate and place it as instructed (I don't have Iceedge instructions), next you attach new cooler to backplate... What exactly you asking now, please elaborate.

22 Posts

September 14th, 2012 16:00

Sorry. haha i think you answered my question. It kind of sucks that i have to take my backplate out

22 Posts

September 30th, 2012 16:00

i installed it without removing the backplate. works fine and keeps it cool

2 Posts

January 23rd, 2013 08:00

hi - did it just screw in ok?

893 Posts

January 23rd, 2013 10:00

@rovergirl: can you create your own thread please.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 12th, 2014 15:00

remat

For all purchases in Brasil, you will need to contact Dell Brasil for the information.

http://www.dell.com.br/

Bev.

1 Message

March 12th, 2014 15:00

mister,

I want to buy a Dell laptop with quad-core processor.

But here in Brazil, the only option is to buy laptop Precision which costs 5.000 dollars.

I want to buy the Latitude 6440  with quad-core processor.  Dell do not sells. Just sells dual-core and not  fit on my necessity to use virtualization.  2 cores is not enough.

Reading this forum I wanna know about warranty because I really need more than two cores.

I want to :

1) dell  offers  a  quad-core processor on Latitude 6440  
or

2) dell indicates what are the validated quad-core processors  I can buy to replace on latitude 6440 without lost warranty.

3)dell indicates what are the validated quad-core processors  I can buy , then I call Dell assistance to replace on latitude 6440 without lost warranty.

Dell, help me to make business, otherwise I will search another brand.

thanks

No Events found!