Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2011 17:00

Dell Dimension 7100 XPS ATI Raedon 5770 HD driver issue

Hi there... I have got a little problem here with my dell dimension. The current driver installed is the one provided by dell... Problem is:

I have a hdmi cable leading to a tv where I can see my series on a much bigger monitor. But the signal cannot be watched in full monitor size (which is 46") ... there is always a black bar between the screen and the physical end of the tv screen... I cannot change that by adjusting the screen over the tv options. Else I didn't find any options on my PC concering graphic card options or in the CataclysmControlCenter (CCC).

I had another driver from the AMD homepage (the newest one for the hd 5700 series) where I could watch in fullscreen. The Problem with this one was that I had often issues with wrong illustrations on the windows 7 screen (remembered me a bit of a broken graphics card like fizzle stuff) where there were serious problems in the taskbar or in the bar of my browser / explorers ...

anyone can help me out with that?

Data:

My PC has:

AMD Phenom X6 1045T (six CPU @2,70 GHz) CPU

ATI Raedon 5770 HD graphic card

8 GB DDR3 Ram

1,5 TB SATA (@7200 rpm)

and was bought in february 2011

Cheers,

hubie

3 Posts

September 24th, 2011 17:00

here is an example picture of my screen with a graphic bug:

imageshack.us/.../graphicsbug.jpg

3 Posts

September 24th, 2011 17:00

noone has an idea about another driver that would fix that problem? :-&

3 Posts

September 29th, 2011 03:00

First and most important; get rid absolutely all Ati apps /drivers  that are in your system. AMD  cleaner is a small tool which 'll search 'n destroy all ati/amd files.second;dont use oryginal packages Ati video card drivers.why?cause these 're allways made for latest cards and allways having bugs.A lot of real get fixed drivers based on catalyst packages but optimised and very stable.u can get this and amd cleaner.bat there;http://donotargue.com. i've same card(now two5770's) and i allways had problemsbecause of ccc soft.for a  last year i never used oryginal ati/amd packages.i am happy of great power of HD5770.

Cheers

October 11th, 2011 17:00

hubie I had same nagging problem when I first switched from dvi to HDMI. I think it's an HDMI standard issue, not a driver issue. Try this. Go into catalyst control center, select Desktop & Display. You should see you display identified in a big icon above and a small selection icon below. Right click the small icon and select Configure. On Attributes tab, enable GPU Scaling. One go to Scaling Options tab and move the slider to 0%. HDMI scales images down and allows software in TV to adjust image to screen size. Your PC provides raw image, so you need to scale it manually. Hope this works for you.
No Events found!