Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2010 00:00

Dell Inspiron 531s won't boot

PC won't go past the DELL startup screen.  No beeps of any kind.  Won't goto Boot Menu.  Won't go to BIOS screen.  Won't boot from Bootable CD.  Won't boot form bootable thumb drive.  Memory has been tested on different PC, works fine.  Hard drive test on different PC, works fine.  Power supply seems to start PC fine. Purchased new motherboard and installed, same problem.  Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with PC.

729 Posts

July 7th, 2010 04:00

When you replaced the motherboard, did you replace the CMOS battery with a new one?  If you did then I would suspect the power supply, even though you think it's ok. 

6 Posts

March 8th, 2011 21:00

Hello, I am having a simular problem with my inspiron 531s, I just replaced a new Dell WN097 USB Front I/O Panel for Inspiron 530s / 531s, connected all three cables to the motherboard and powered up and now it will not boot to windows, im getting the blue screen of death with error code 0x0000004.

I rechecked my connections and they seem to be tight, I think it might be a device problem, but I cant seem to figure it out, does anyone have an idea?

8 Posts

January 21st, 2015 16:00

What option do I use to post a new issue and get help

8 Posts

January 21st, 2015 16:00

I do not know where to start a new post therefore I just started mine as a reply.

My Dell Inspiron 531s would not power at all.  It was totally dead.  I thought it was the power supply.

I replaced power supply and now it does not recognize hard drive .

It gives SATA 0 error.

I feel I am very close to resolving the issue but do not know what to do next.

p[lease help.

No Events found!