Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

March 19th, 2011 18:00

Dell Inspiron 560 CPU Upgrade

Hi, I am looking into buying the the Dell Inspiron 560 with the Intel Celeron 450 processor. The basic PC offered by Dell for $299.99.

I want to know if I buy this model will it be possible to upgrade it to the Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200. Can I do that? Thanks for the Help.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 20th, 2011 07:00

Hi Denise71,

The easiest way to tell what you could upgrade to is to see what's offered by Dell. However, keep in mind that buying a low end computer and spending money to upgrade it will not get you a high end computer. In the long run, I think you would do better to save toward a medium or upper range system.

2 Posts

March 20th, 2011 08:00

The thing is that last year for Christmas I brought my son a Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 but he was never able to use it because it was not compatible with the Dell Inspiron 530 that we used to have. He told me something about a motherboard and it not being able to handle it. So basicly he has a brand new processor but cant find a computer to put it on. We really need a computer now because of his school work and we are on a strict budget. I just wanted to know if the processor works with the Inspiron 560. I am not to computer smart and I usly rely on him for computer questions but since he messed up on the whole processor and I spent $150.00 on a processor he coulden't use, I want to double check with you guys before I buy. The last thing I need is for him to tell me I spent $300 dollars on another computer that wont work with the processor I brought him! Thanks again for your help!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 20th, 2011 15:00

Ok, I think I found a good alternative. Here's a Studio 540 from the Outlet for $359. You can put that quad core in this system, then you can try selling the dual core processor on Ebay.

No Events found!