Highlighted
2 Bronze

Dell Inspiron 570 case upgrade

Jump to solution

I have recently upgraded my case to a cooler master storm scout, everything fits and works great except for the power and reset switch. I don't know which pins go to which cable. The mobo I believe is a MA785r, that is what is on the motherboard. If anyone knows what pins I need to connect please let me know. Also I will post picture when I get home tonight to better explain.

Dell inspiron 570 CM Storm Scout Case

AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition :: Ice Edge 400 XT

AeroCool Touch 2100 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
4 Tellurium

Re: Dell Inspiron 570 case upgrade

Jump to solution

OK, I am here.

Unfortunately I could not solve this question completely, yes you can connect any case to Dell Inspiron 570 MT motherboard 04GJJT, this is easy once you know connector setup, which I will show below, however there is one annoying problem - every time, at each boot I got this message

Alert! Front panel not detected.

Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup utility.

And I cannot find the way to fix it. So I just press F1 on each boot, sometimes it boots fast, sometimes slow, I really hate it, but can not find any other solutions.

So, let me show power connector wire setup, please excuse me for my handwriting it is ugly.

This is number 12 from above shown diagram of our motherboard, and next is our front panel connector whose wire colors are shown on my picture.

See if you can understand what I mean.

You just take corresponding wires from CM and plug them in according to my first picture, very easy, just pay attention to NO PIN location so you see how you can apply this information.

I hope Dell can provide some help here, but I am not sure if they know this themselves.

Inspiron 570 remastered in Cooler Master HAF 912 case

6 intake and exhaust 120 mm FANS <> Phenom II x4 965 BE OC to 4.0GHz <> Cooler Master Hyper 612 <> MSI 660 2GB OC <> 180 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda 64 MB Cache HDD for Games as extension of SSD, 500 GB WD Caviar Blue HDD as data and 160 GB WD as backup (through PCI SATA card) <> 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 <>Hitachi GH70N DVD <> Corsair GS 600 PSU <> Battlefield 3 60 FPS on ULTRA

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi SobeNirvana,

Welcome to the community.

Please check the image below for the motherboard and the power connectors for the same:

Rest of the connectors would be for the hard drive and optical drive. Also, please provide us with the picture so we can advise you further.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Here are the connectors that go to the front panel for Power on/off, reset, hard drive light, and power light

I just need to know what goes where on the motherboard (Front Panel Connector (LEDH1)). I've read that the reset switch will NOT work on this MOBO but i'm not sure if that is true. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated, at worst i just have to open my case to push the stock on/off switch that came with the 570

AeroCool Touch 2100 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi SobeNirvana,

Thanks for providing us this information.  I would like to inform you that on our motherboard Front Panel Connector is at number 12 on the above image.

As you have replaced the motherboard it might be different on your system. Kindly refer to manual or documentation that came with the motherboard.

And if the motherboard doesn't support the power switch then it would be better if you don't install it, as it may cause damage to the system.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I am still useing the stock 570 MOBO, so i have the front panel connector in fig. 12 ( i have the same basic set up as kisianik, just not overclocked and different CM case) I just don't know which connector to connect to the pins in fig. 12

AeroCool Touch 2100 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Tellurium

Jump to solution

I will try to explain tomorrow morning, going to work now

6 intake and exhaust 120 mm FANS <> Phenom II x4 965 BE OC to 4.0GHz <> Cooler Master Hyper 612 <> MSI 660 2GB OC <> 180 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda 64 MB Cache HDD for Games as extension of SSD, 500 GB WD Caviar Blue HDD as data and 160 GB WD as backup (through PCI SATA card) <> 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 <>Hitachi GH70N DVD <> Corsair GS 600 PSU <> Battlefield 3 60 FPS on ULTRA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Tellurium

Jump to solution

OK, I am here.

Unfortunately I could not solve this question completely, yes you can connect any case to Dell Inspiron 570 MT motherboard 04GJJT, this is easy once you know connector setup, which I will show below, however there is one annoying problem - every time, at each boot I got this message

Alert! Front panel not detected.

Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup utility.

And I cannot find the way to fix it. So I just press F1 on each boot, sometimes it boots fast, sometimes slow, I really hate it, but can not find any other solutions.

So, let me show power connector wire setup, please excuse me for my handwriting it is ugly.

This is number 12 from above shown diagram of our motherboard, and next is our front panel connector whose wire colors are shown on my picture.

See if you can understand what I mean.

You just take corresponding wires from CM and plug them in according to my first picture, very easy, just pay attention to NO PIN location so you see how you can apply this information.

I hope Dell can provide some help here, but I am not sure if they know this themselves.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
4 Tellurium

Jump to solution

Hi SobeNirvana,

Thanks for providing us this information.  I would like to inform you that on our motherboard Front Panel Connector is at number 12 on the above image.

As you have replaced the motherboard it might be different on your system. Kindly refer to manual or documentation that came with the motherboard.

And if the motherboard doesn't support the power switch then it would be better if you don't install it, as it may cause damage to the system.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

As OP mentioned - motherboard was not replaced! Computer case was replaced. Dell doesn't have RESET button, so this one is extra.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks guys, The Pin set up was exactly what i needed. Everything is working fine and works off the case power button. Also Kisianik, awesome guide for the Phenom II X4 BE! i was looking to buy a new PC off the shelf, but i found your guide and never looked back. Just one problem now.... cable management! once again thanks! 

AeroCool Touch 2100 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

kisianik I am curious if you found a solution to the front panel issue yet, also thanks for posting about upgrades to the 570, with your help I made this $270.00 clearance computer faster and better than my brothers $1100.00 xps 8500 with an i7 

Inspiron 570 running amd phenom x4 965 black edition overclocked to 4.2ghz,

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo heatsink

8gb pc3 12800 ram,

sapphire radeon 7770oc edition,

ocz 650w ps,

rosewill challenger case

0 Kudos