Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2015 05:00

Dell Inspiron 570 desktop will not boot up!

I recently moved and in doing so I shutdown my Inspiron 570. I moved and went to put everything back together but nothing happens. I do have the green led light on the back of the PSU but no other lights inside the case. I saw in another post about the "holding of the power button to discharge the residual power" and tried that, nothing still. I will next try to remove all the components of the unit to see if the unit will even boot. Currently nothing is running, not even the PSU fan.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. If I need to get a new PSU what do you recommend?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 3rd, 2015 11:00

I recently moved and in doing so I shutdown my Inspiron 570. I moved and went to put everything back together but nothing happens. I do have the green led light on the back of the PSU but no other lights inside the case. I saw in another post about the "holding of the power button to discharge the residual power" and tried that, nothing still. I will next try to remove all the components of the unit to see if the unit will even boot. Currently nothing is running, not even the PSU fan.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. If I need to get a new PSU what do you recommend?

Tradez

Have you tried open the case and checking all the power and data cables, by disconnecting and reconnecting them, in case anything was dislodged during the move?

Also check the memory modules and all the cards.

Check the reading of the power button LED, is it Steady White, Steady Amber, Blinking Amber, or off?

Are there any 'Beep's, or error messages?

The Studio 560/570 Setup Guide and Troubleshooter is Here:

http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-560_Setup%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Technical Overview & Service Manual 

http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-560_Service%20Manual_en-us.pdf

Bev.  

2 Posts

March 4th, 2015 04:00

I opened the case and checked all the connections, removed then reseated every card in the machine. Still nothing, have the green led on the back of the PSU and that is all. Took a good PSU rated for 650 Watts and tested the board. At first got an amber power button but the monitors would not come on, they would just stay in energy saver mode. Disconnected everything so all I have was the video card, memory and monitor attached even disconnected the Hd's just in case. Nothing but amber power button. I have tried holding the power button to reset everything, held it for 45 secs or so and still nothing. At one point I did get the power button to shine white but again the monitors never changed states. The unit is about 7 years old so I guess it could be the MB or one of the other components. I attempted to put the PSU back in the good unit and now that unit is not working, not sure if it could have damaged the PSU or I had a bad PSU to start. It was working last time I used it before the move. Thanks again for all the help in advance.

Robert

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 4th, 2015 06:00

Tradez

Is the Amber power button light blinking, or solid, see page 28 of the Setup Guide?

Are there any beeps, see page 25?

Are you using a PCIe x16 discrete video card, or the VGA integrated graphics port, see page 20?

Bev.

No Events found!