Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2009 23:00

Dell PC Tuneup won't open at all

I've tried looking for answers all over Dell and tried calling a technician (who wanted to charge me). I thought perhaps someone here could help. My Dell inspiron computer is two years old. I had the PC Tuneup feature for a year until it expired. I purchased it in January. It worked fine for a while, and now it won't open. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing several times, to no avail. It downloads fine, but it won't open. The reason it gives me is this: "iolo systemservice required for pc tuneup to operate properly can not be started." I realize that when you download the PC Tuneup feature, Dell directes you to the the iolo website to download it, which I did. But somehow, this keeps telling me I don't have a proper component. Could it be that two recent anti-virus and registry cleanup programs I installed are interfering with it? I have Spyware Doctor and Regdoc. If anyone can give me some idea of what's wrong, I'd be most grateful. I paid for this PC Tuneup and want it to work! Thanks 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 6th, 2009 07:00

Donica R O,

Yes, remove those two added softwares, restart the PC. Reinstall the iolo and PC Tuneup. What happens?

4 Posts

March 6th, 2009 12:00

Hi Chris M:

That's the thing: there is no extra iolo program to install, yet it keeps telling me I am missing that component. All I did was download the PC Tuneup from the icon. I did that several times but it just doesn't work.

No Events found!