Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2010 14:00

Dell XPS 210 Not Working

Can anyone help dignostinga XPS 210? I have an XPS 210 desktop that was given to me for free.... The only only is that it does not wortk.. When I press the power button I get a whirring sound on the CPU cooler and the HD fan. I was told it was the motherboard and I replaced, but no change... Diagnostics lights that turn on are 134 and number 1 and the hard drive icon flash.. Also the CD rom light also flashes... I took it apart and reassembled and no luck.. Anyone have the same problem? Can anyine advise what can be done to fix? Thanks    anyone with help amail me at  :emotion-6:

<ADMIN NOTE: Email Id Removed Per Privacy Policy>

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 4th, 2010 15:00

robert2571

Are there any error messages, or 'Beeps'?

Does the power supply fan run?

Check the reading of the power button LED, is it steady green, blinking green, steady amber, blinking amber?

THIS is the XPS 210 troubleshooter with the diagnostic codes, give it a read and report back.

Did you install another Dell OEM XPS 210 motherboard?

Also, please edit your post and delete the eMail address, as it's a violation of the Forums T of S to include it in a post.

Bev.

1 Message

February 5th, 2010 01:00

im working on it i cant seem to find the problem it might be your hardrive but im not too sure 

3 Posts

February 5th, 2010 15:00

Yes, it has a  beep, the Led button stays steady green. Yes, I installed another mother board and I still get the same . No error screen because it does not get that far.. the screen stays blank. The PSU fan runs and the CPU and HD fan run.. but it is a whirring sound like if you turn it on and off.  the diagnostics say pointed to the mother boarrd now that i've switched it out, i know it's no the board. I am stumped at this point.

3 Posts

February 15th, 2010 15:00

anyone able to help with this?   really need help Thanks

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 16th, 2010 10:00

robert2571

The power supply seems to be working, have you checked that the processor is installed correctly and there are no damaged pins?

The only way I know of checking for a failed processor, other than replacing, is to install it in working Socket LGA 775 desktop.

Were the pin-1 corners of the processor and socket, aligned correctly? 

Was the Dell XPS 210 motherboard you installed a working unit?

Bev.

9 Posts

March 7th, 2012 00:00

New to the group. Just formatted my xps-210 don't have all the disks for the drives can you tell me what drivers to down load please?

thank you

Ron

No Events found!