Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

May 19th, 2011 12:00

Dell XPS 8300 Bluetooth 365 module

Hi

I didn't get bluetooth for my system but bought a Dell Bluetooth 365 module from ebay as I figured it would be cheaper installing it myself as I did in my laptop.

However it appears I need some sort of cable to install this module. Does anyone know what the cable is called that I require and where I can get one (UK).

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 21st, 2011 18:00

natakuc4,

I cannot find a part number for just the cable. The only part number I can find includes everything?

TFG4X = Blue-Tooth Card & Plastic Bracket & Rentention_Board module & Cable & Screw

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

May 22nd, 2011 13:00

Hi Chris

I just assumed it would be a standard cable.  I guess its a Dell specific chassis then. Any idea where I can purchase this part in the UK without having to pay a fortune?

I guess installing bluetooth on my own will end up being more expensive than originally having it fit. I saved money in the laptop but not the desktop :(

ebay is not helping me. :(

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 23rd, 2011 05:00

Any idea where I can purchase this part in the UK without having to pay a fortune?

*  For the cable only, no idea.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

May 23rd, 2011 09:00

No for the full TFG4X part thanks.

3 Posts

May 26th, 2011 01:00

The part number for the cable that is part of the TFG4X kit is W866R.  It has the red USB connector on one end, and on the other end it has a small PC board with a socket that the bluetooth 365 module plugs into (RM948) and the screw keeps it from coming loose.

You really need the plastic bracket to mount this pc board to, and attach it to the chassis.  I can not find what looks like a Dell part number on it.  But, the numbers stamped on it are 1B21JA700-600-6    >ABS<       CAV 4, if that helps you identify it.

Getting the TFG4X kit is the easiest thing to make sure you have everything you need (except the driver that is downloadable from Dell).  But, will mean natakuc4 will have an extra 365 bluetooth module.

Sorry, I have no idea where to order Dell parts in the UK.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

May 26th, 2011 04:00

Hi thanks for the replies. I assumed fitting a bluetooth module would be quite easy just getting the card and installing it like I did in the laptop.

I did not realise I would have to get the full kit with no idea where to purchase it sucks being in the UK. Haha google has absolutely no clue about the part numbers you just gave me only referring to your post.

As I cannot find the part for cheap on the likes of eBay it is probably going to be more cost effective to get a USB bluetooth dongle, I will have the spare card anyway.

I suppose the XPS8300 is a newer machine so parts might as specific as I am looking for might become more available later. If I find the part for < £20 I will install it but if not then I won't. Its bad news but thanks for your help.

9 Posts

July 29th, 2011 23:00

Hey man, i have the same problem you had.  Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the cable and assembly you had to get for ur 365 bluetooth model on a XPS 8100 desktop?  Thanks

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

July 30th, 2011 06:00

Well I got the bluetooth card but I never got the display assembly part. I phoned Dell to ask about it, got transferred 3 times ended up on XPS support. They told me it was not possible for me to order the part. I gave up after that. This was in the UK you may get along better elsewhere.

The XPS 8100 and XPS 8300 are very similar so it is probably the same part.

I just used a Belkin USB bluetooth device (threw the driver CD away for it and downloaded the updated driver for Vista x64 on their website).

January 31st, 2012 11:00

anyone have the phone number for dell spare parts in ireland as I'm in need of a replacement kit as i ripped my w866r cable out why trying to remove my GPU card I'm looking to get the kit TFG4X for the dell XPS 8300 desktop

thanks

kev

2 Posts

September 29th, 2012 12:00

hello there what model number is your dell laptop

126 Posts

September 29th, 2012 22:00

Save Yourself a headache ,resell your bt card module on ebay ,and get 1 those cheap micro sized usb bluetooth dongles,i have 1 in my optiplex 270 and to me it seems as good as the inbuilt 1 thats  in my xps8300

No Events found!