Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2016 09:00

Dell online diagnostics do not work for me.

The diagnostics test does not work. Does not work for me, anyway, not sure about others.

It gets to Step 4 - Gathering your results. And then says a problem has been detected, please try again. I've tried a bunch of times. Same results.

This is a series of screen captures that show this problem. It will keep doing nothing when the SupportAssist screen is up, until I click Exit. Then it quickly has that error.

The diagnostics test does not work. Does not work for me, anyway, not sure about others.

It gets to Step 4 - Gathering your results. And then says a problem has been detected, please try again. I've tried a bunch of times. Same results.

This is a series of screen captures that show this problem. It will keep doing nothing when the SupportAssist screen is up, until I click Exit. Then it quickly has that error.

goo.gl/.../cD1ZY3GfDGzvXVqC8

https://goo.gl/photos/cD1ZY3GfDGzvXVqC8

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 8th, 2016 08:00

" The diagnostics test does not work. Does not work for me, anyway, not sure about others ".

:emotion-2:

Most of the times, the online diagnostic doesn't work for me as well. However, you can use the diagnostic tool on your computer by tapping the F12 key while powering on the system.

1. Turn off computer

2. Power on computer, quickly tap F12 continuously, You should see the Diagnostic screen

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics:

www.youtube.com/watch;

10 Posts

February 8th, 2016 09:00

Thanks....

I'll try that when I get back home. 

I was interested in any wireless problems I may have, and thought that would point them out.  Maybe.

I have two computers, this Dell and a new SurfacePro 4.   The Surfacepro will easily record streaming videos (mostly using Playon), but the Dell often aborts a recording.   At one not-so-long-ago time, the Dell also captured steaming videos fine.

Clark

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 9th, 2016 07:00

I like to suggest you update the System Setup(BIOS) and the wireless driver(look under Network) in installation order on your desktop. Please enter the service tag number on the link below, then download the BIOS require onto the system and install it. 

Drivers & Downloads:

www.dell.com/.../Products

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer:

www.youtube.com/watch

How to fix wifi limited access problem in windows 10 (3 simple steps):

www.youtube.com/watch

10 Posts

February 10th, 2016 06:00

LSUFAN51,

Thank you very much for your help.  I did update the BIOS as you recommended.  And it does seem like my computer is running smoother.   I recorded a streaming movie, and the quality was fine.

I also made the first "fix", and was about to make the second one (update the Dell WiFi driver) when I thought - if I remove the WiFi driver, how will I search the internet to get the updated driver ?

Thanks,

Clark

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 10th, 2016 12:00

Device Manager - Update wifi driver):

1. Right click the Start's button at the bottom left hand side of page

2. Click Device Manager

3. Look for wifi -drivers, then place arrow on it and right click. You should see the Update Driver Software, click it.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 10th, 2016 12:00

You can download the latest wifi -driver from your Dell Product Support page (click Networks) or go to Device Manager.

No Events found!