Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2016 08:00

Dell p2213 communication issues

I have a Dell p2213 monitor I am trying to use with my desktop tower. I have connected a VGA cable, a dv1 cable and selected both on the monitors input selector and neither are working despite properly connected cables.  I get a message saying that the computer is not communicating with the monitor. The only input cable I don't have is a display port cable. It has a third party graphics card, so I also tried plugging in a dv1 cable into the graphics card's socket but no luck.

If you couldn't tell I'm not overly familiar with computer lingo, please try to explain solutions as simply as possible...Thank you. :)

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 19th, 2016 16:00

Always include exact PC model and version of Windows in your posts.

Do I understand correctly that you connected 2 video cables between the monitor and the PC? That won't work. Disconnect the VGA cable and only use DVI because that's a higher quality video signal.  And go into the monitor's on screen display (OSD) and select DVI (only) as the input.

The monitor has to be connected to the add-in video card. Typically when an add-in video card is installed, the onboard video ports are disabled. So make sure you're using the correct DVI output on the PC.

No Events found!