Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

August 28th, 2013 21:00

Dell xps 6500 boot issues

I am trying to run a clean install of my OS from my recovery disks I made when I got the computer. It is not letting me get into my bios or recovery drive or boot order. I push power button and puch f2 and keep pressing and the dell logo comes up, white dots spin and then I get windows 8 login in screen. I have tried two types of keyboards also, a USB dell keyboard and a Logitech gaming keyboard. They both light up but nothing happens when I press the f2, f12 keys. PLEASE HELP

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 28th, 2013 22:00

Hi Kody757,

Please connect the keyboard to a different USB port and check if the F2 and F12 keys work? Insert the recovery disc in the computer, shutdown the computer and power it on, computer may boot from the CD/DVD (assuming that the boot priority is CD/DVD first)

2 Posts

August 29th, 2013 18:00

I just got done talking to Dell Tech Support, and they have decided that something is wrong in my motherboard. The keyboards do not work during boot up, they only work after windows is running. 

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 30th, 2013 02:00

Hi Kody757,

Since you have contacted the technical support, please let me know if they have set up a repair for this issue? In case the service is not set up please let me know so that I can assist you further.

No Events found!