Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 19th, 2008 20:00

Dimension 4600C graphics card update

My Dell Dimension 4600C is a low profile computer with a single PCI slot for a graphics card.  I'm trying to update.  The one I ordered - Visiontek Radeon 2400 Pro - has a large heat sink on the front and is too thick.  I've seen pictures of the Visiontek Radeon x1300 which has a combination heatsink/fan.  Does anyone know how thick this is or of any other card that might work?

2 Intern

• 

2K Posts

August 19th, 2008 22:00

@yellowtutu wrote:
My Dell Dimension 4600C is a low profile computer with a single PCI slot for a graphics card.  I'm trying to update.  The one I ordered - Visiontek Radeon 2400 Pro - has a large heat sink on the front and is too thick.  I've seen pictures of the Visiontek Radeon x1300 which has a combination heatsink/fan.  Does anyone know how thick this is or of any other card that might work?

Your system specs are here:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4600c/sm/specs.htm#1106182

You actually want a low profile AGP slotted graphics card the comes with a low profile bracket.    The AGP bus provides more bandwith than PCI therefore AGP cards are more powerful.

That said the pickings are rather slim for your machine and the cards are not very powerful. 

Check www.newegg for possible selections.

Good LUck

Dale

No Events found!