Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 7th, 2006 15:00

Dual Monitor - Help with GX620

Hello,

Can someone tell me what video card I need to get my 2nd monitor to extend? Right now it displays okay, but does not extend.

Thanks for the help!

6 Posts

February 8th, 2006 19:00

You may very well be having the same issue I am facing with my GX280.  It has the ATI X300 video card.  If thats the case you may in fact have to get a new DVI-VGA dongle.  I am in the process of testing this out and will reply tomorrow to let you know if it worked.

2 Posts

February 8th, 2006 20:00

I ended up getting it to work by switching my monitors from analog to digital (I work in an office with a big enough IT dept.).

They also switched the cable to fit the new monitors.

It seems that my problem had something to do with my video card's lack of support for the analog monitors.

Oh, I didn't mention in my first post that I'm using the really small version of the GX620 - which according to one of my IT guys can not take an upgrade video card because it has a laptop-like motherboard.

8 Posts

February 15th, 2006 21:00

This probably doesn't help your current situation but when configuring the system build for an Opti GX620 online at dell.com I see they've added an option under the video components to get an OEM graphics card with dual VGA display outputs or dual DVI outputs.

Also, I've been using this graphics card with my GX520 and running dual monitors (Dell E176FPs and E1704FPTs) with no problems. And yes that's extending the windows XP desktop across both displays.

PNY 128MB DDR GeForce FX5500 PCI Verto dual display 3d graphics card (vga+vga+s-video display outputs). nVIDIA processing platform purchased from Dell @ $60/per card.

No Events found!