Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2008 19:00

E510 w/SigmaTel and no sound

I have a E510 with SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.  Everything was fine and then one day my speakers did not work.  So I went to Dell and downloaded the R114282 driver and installed it.  No problem, everything worked fine.  Then all of a sudden a few days later, I go to listen to something (I normally do not keep my speakers on) and again no sound.  Device Manager does not show any problems with SigmaTel and I cannot find a reason for this.  So I tried to reinstall the driver again.  However this time nothing.  

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 22nd, 2008 21:00

There would appear to be something that is interferring with the sound.  Did you install any programs or update any programs before the problem started?  RealPlayer and Quicktime are two that are "problem" programs. 

Uninstall the SigmaTel sound in the Device Manager then restart Windows and the sound will be detected and reinstalled.  This fixes a lot of different problems. 

Also, check the Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices and make sure the SigmaTel is the default device for the various sound types.  And, check the Volume Control Panel and see if anything is Muted or if any of the Volume Control sliders are in the Down (off) position.

6 Posts

October 23rd, 2008 11:00

By the way, thank you very much for taking the time not only with my questions but others.  I noticed when reading the previous posts that you are quite helpful.

1 Message

May 27th, 2009 20:00

That sounds pretty easy except...when I check my sounds & audio devices...there are none showing due to me not having any sound...only that annoying beeping noise.  It just has NO PLAYBACK DEVICES in all 3 options.  I've uninstalled SigmaTEL and reinstalled it but it still says SigmaTEL Audio Device does not support my PC.  IDK what to do.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 28th, 2009 04:00

First, do not hijack a post - start a new thread with your specific problem.  Although it may be similar or even the same, the fix may be different and when someone adds to a post as you do the original poster's problem can sometimes get lost.

Start a new thread and explain what or why your sound is not working and we can go from there. 

No Events found!