Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

September 29th, 2004 23:00

FX5200, No DVD / MediaPlayer output using TV-OUT S-Video

I hope someone can help me.  I read the forums and actually got the screen to output to my TV using the S-Video cable and setting the display in "CLONE" mode.  I can see my desktop, webpages, etc. on my TV, pretty cool.  What is baffling is the DVD picture does not  come up on the TV.  For example, I am running Power DVD, I see the movie on my desktop flat panel, yet the actual video does not show up on the TV.  All the menu buttons are visible on the TV, the actual image is not there. It is blank, yet there is an image on my computer screen.  I have tried to play it through Windows Media Player as well.  I have turned DOWN and sometimes OFF the video acceleration. I have "de-selected" Enable Video Acceleration in the option menu of PowerDVD.

It is confusing, I see everything "cloned" on my TV except the actual DVD movie when it is playing.  Does anyone know why this is?  Am I doing something wrong?

The Movie I am playing is Matrix Revolutions.

I was excited to see that I got the display to show on both the TV and my Flat Panel, but was dissppointed that I could not get the DVD image to show on the TV, yet it showed on the Flat Panel.  HELP!

ChicagoEric

Message Edited by ChicagoEric on 09-29-2004 07:44 PM

Message Edited by ChicagoEric on 09-29-2004 08:11 PM

6 Posts

September 30th, 2004 14:00

I don't think you can clone the DVD video. Try extending your desktop to the second monitor and dragging the DVD window over there.

Did you get NVDVD w/your 5200? If so, I would use it, nVIDIA DVD codecs are getting better all the time.
No Events found!